• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

strange request

defiant_whisper

i need help finding a book (this may not seem like such a strange request) but i don't know the authors name or the title of the book... i read the first chapter in a BAM about 5 years ago... left... came back... and it was no longer there... i've been looking for it since... i'll describe the first chapter... if anyone recognizes it PLEASE let me know

it starts with a doctor of some sort speaking with an army general about a genetically engineered child that was just born... the general asks if there is anything wrong with the child... apparently something had been wrong with the other children they'd done this to... and the doctor says that the child is perfect except for it's eyes... the general says to dispose of both the mother and the child as they had done with all the other "failures". meanwhile... on another floor in the building... two custodians somehow light a gas tank of some sort on fire... it explodes... and the whole building goes up in flames... the mother and child get away before they can come to harm... there ends the first chapter

i can't remember anything else... ANY information anyone can give me about a book that fits that description would be helpful.. thank you again

defiant_whisper said:
i need help finding a book (this may not seem like such a strange request) but i don't know the authors name or the title of the book...

still not strange ;)
sorry doesnt ring a bell
good luck

on a second thought were the kids genetically enginered to have wings? because if it does, it would sound like a book from james patterson i read some time ago, which i cant remember how it begins

emmm, Have u tried to use the search button at some library website?

if i cannot find the book at amazon, i would try to find at a librarywebsite.

Good luck! :)

Aha! Your librarian has other ways of finding books! Give it a try in person or via an e-mail request. Reference librarians love challenges. (As one who works for the American Library Association ... ;)

O

Back