• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Style of book help!!!

guvna

Can anyone help?

I'm looking for a book for my girlfriend. I have nothing specific in mind. Am just after some pointers of who to check out.
She's really enjoyed reading Meg Cabot's books. The ones that are layed out in diary fashion. Now she's stuck.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a similar style book by a different author?
Having no knowledge of authors, i don't know where to begin, but it looks promising here.

Regards

Guvna.

About how old is your girlfriend? I am not completely sure, but isn't Meg Cabot the author of the Princess Diaries series?

Les Liaisons Dangereuses by Choderlos de Laclos
It's the book that the movie Cruel Intentions is based on. Also written in diary entries and letters. Dracula by Bram Stoker and Frankenstein by Mary Shelley is the same way too!

Those three aren't really what I would term chick lit though! Chick lit is the current publishing phenomenon whereby female (and sometimes male) authors publish a book a year which always feature covers with pastel shades.

Here's a few authors your girlfriend may like to try:

Fiona Walker
Maeve Binchy
Chris Manby
Lisa Jewell
Erica James
Jane Green
Cathy Kelly
Marian Keyes

That should get her off to a fine start. Not all are in the diary narrative style but they feature similar style stories.

Back