• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sue Townsend

jaybe

I thought Sue Townsend deserved a thread of her own. So here you are:D

She's been very successful, but not been given the serious praise she deserves. Her books are clever as well as original and very funny.

My opinion is that 'Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction' is her best. It's deep and sad, with brilliant humour. No easy task for a writer, particularly as it reads so easily.

There was a play on the radio yesterday adapted from that book. 'The Blair-Mole Project.' It was wonderful.:) :) It reminded me to speak up for the brilliance which is Sue Townsend!

I realise this was posted quite some time ago but I agree - a very funny author. As a younger teenager I read the Adrian Mole books, obviously missing out on much of the content, but re-read them a few years later and found them hilarious. I read 'Weapons of Mass Destruction' shortly afterwards and enjoyed that too.
Sue Townsend is ideal for a highly amusing read!

Back