• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suggestions For My Ex-Library Book Sale Expedition

eldog

Next Saturday (April 16) I will be going to the Brisbane City Council Library book sale which sells withdrawn books from the library system. All proceeds go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation so I usually like to go a bit crazy when I'm there - I bought 21 books last time! Unlike any book sale I have ever been to, the Cystic Fibrosis Bookshop is (amazingly!) alphabetically ordered making it so much easier to look for specific books.

I was hoping to get some suggestions from the B&R faithful so that I can go there and help a wonderful cause as well as pick up some great books.

Suggest away - the more the merrier!

Thanks.

Lex

:)

So here's what I got... 30 books for $45!!!

Killer Instinct - Joseph Finder
City Of Bones - Michael Connelly
Perdido Street Station - China Mieville
Mrs Dalloway - Virginia Woolf
The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova
Mystic River - Dennis Lehane
Cherry Bomb - J.A. Konrath
The Crossing - Cormac McCarthy
The Story Of Edgar Sawtelle - David Wroblewski
Isabelle The Navigator - Luke Davies
Self-Made Man - Poppy Z Brite
Fevre Dream - George R.R. Martin
The Zookeeper's War - Steven Conte
Mason & Dixon - Thomas Pynchon
Lunch In Paris - Elizabeth Bard
Mao's Last Dancer - Li Cunxin
Candy - Luke Davies
Skinny Dip - Carl Hiaasen
Old School - Tobias Wolff
Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
The Shadow Of The Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Child 44 - Tom Rob Smith
Cricket Kings - William McInnes
School Days - Robert B Parker
Ring - Koji Suzuki
The Strain - Guilllermo Del Toro
Nemesis - Jo Nesbo
The Known World - Edward P Jones
The Watchman - Robert Crais
People Of The Book - Geraldine Brooks

Wow~ That reminds me there'll be a book sale here at the end of April too, from Rotory to suppose Canterbury earthquake. Need to make my list soon.... XD

Just saw in the list you've got Ring from Koji Suzuki. You might want to pick up other books of the series too once you finish this one, and if you like it (Spiral & Loop. I haven't read the 4th one "The Birthday" yet). The concept is really intriguing - you thought you understand the story after book 1, then you'll realize you're totally wrong when you read book 2 and so on. ;)

Thanks Hat, I was not aware that it was number one in a four part series.

The booksale goes for another 4 days and I definitely saw another of his books there (not sure of the title... brain's a bit frazzled from scanning all those spines!) so I might swing back and pick it up.

Good luck at the Rotary booksale!

Look for The Book Thief by Markus Zusak if you haven't read it.

I love when the libraries have book sales. I too, usually walk out of there with dozens of books.
eldog hope you have a good shopping spree

I love when the libraries have book sales. I too, usually walk out of there with dozens of books.
eldog hope you have a good shopping spree

Thanks brk_3, I did!

Have a look a couple of messages up at the list of my purchases.

:)

Back