• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suggestions: July 2013: Books You Always Wanted to Read but Haven't

A book I've been meaning to read for years is William Golding's The Inheritors. What happens when Neanderthals meet our ancestors.

read an interesting sci-fi trilogy called the neanderthal parallax that discussed a meeting humans and neanderthals from an alternate universe in which humans became extinct rather than the other way around

I think my reading choices might not be up market enough for a book discussion. Seem to gravitate to thrillers and mystery and not much into the psychology and symbolism of what the author meant. However, I could certainly find something from a given list I'm sure if there is a sampling of what the book is about, unless, of course it's one I've already read. :D

depending on the book there could be a lot to discuss in a thriller from what makes a killer to various socio-political issues. I read plenty of thrillers and many are really fascinating.

Was looking to see what the suggestion was for the BOTM for July thinking I might have a go but after Googling the content I think I'll pass - the 'stream of consciousness' was a bit of an obstacle for me but the capper was the Glasgow dialect. Will try again for the August one. :)

There are four or so suggestions in this thread as of now. My choice was the stream of consciousness / Glaswegian dialect one but that doesn't mean that it will ultimately be suggested as the one we will read for July. :)

And we tend to agree with each other on books LOL ... unless we agree to take opposing sides just like in a debate just to make it interesting? :rofl

I might have a go at the comparing books with overlapping themes thing myself. If I'm in the mood I'll do a wee comparative review thing as well.

Going back over this thread the ones that appealed most to me were Brave New World and The Inheritors.

Back