• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suggestions: March 2013 BOTM - Short Story Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landslide

I know we're almost in March, but better late than never, right?

Suggestions for March 2013 BOTM. The theme is Short Story Collection.
One suggestion per member, please.

Yay! I am trying to finish Outlander too and almost gone, so this is perfect :)

My suggestion is, Steampunk! An Anthology Of Fantastically Rich And Strange Stories, edited by Kelly Link & Gavin J. Grant.
From Amazon-
Imagine an alternate universe where tinkerers and dreamers craft and re-craft a world of automatons, clockworks, calculating machines, and other marvels that never were. Visionaries Kelly Link and Gavin J. Grant have taken a genre already rich, strange, and inventive and challenged fourteen masters of speculative fiction, including two graphic storytellers, to embrace its established themes and refashion them in surprising ways and settings. The result is an anthology that defies its genre even as it defines it."

While we're suggesting, how about

French Quarter Fiction ed. by Joshua Clark. (2003)

"The Newest Stories of America's Oldest Bohemia."

How about short stories by Oscar Wilde. I have just finished Canterville Ghost and I am yearning for more.

I would suggest a collection of M. R. James' short ghost and paranormal stories.

There are numerous collections from various publishers over the years, and many are available individually online also. However, this collection here has some of the strongest ones and it's free for Kindle readers too (which means you can download a free Kindle app on your PC to read for that for free too!) I'm quite sure that other eReader users can get his stuff easily.

I've a review of a similar collection of his here to give you an idea of the type of stuff this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back