• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Swine Flu Concerns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmyap

I was just curious as to how this was effecting you all where ever you are. We have no cases here yet but folks are getting squirrely. I was at Costco yesterday and people looked like they were stocking up to go into their nuclear fallout shelters. I mean I was stocking up too but that's because I was out of alot of stuff and not nearly as overkill as what I was witnessing. Who need's three cases of Vienna Sausage for God's sake.:lol:

And I understand our pharmacies have run out of Tamiflu. (We don't even have an occurence here yet!)

I was just curious.

Here they have a few cases but they are mild.(that's what I heard on the radio this morning).They also said it's a contact thing and not airborne,so wash hands often,lol,but other than that,I haven't seen or heard anyone going into undergroud bunkers....yet.

I haven't paid much attention to talk of it or cases or worrying. Is it any different then any flu? I thought something like 55,000 people died every year from the flu? So why is this one different? I just hope i cont get west nile and swine flu....

then the nile wont be just a river in Egypt, it'll also be a disease i'm harboring

just thought that up so worked it in.....:D

Meh. In the last 10 years or so, I've been told I was going to die from Ebola, Mad Cow Disease, Bird Flu, AIDS, etc etc etc, and I'm still here. Call me when Randall Flagg shows up.

I remember that during the Ebola scare, a bunch of journalists went to Congo to interview a doctor about it. He was furious. "Ebola? You want to know about EBOLA? I've seen a handful of Ebola cases. I lose hundreds of children to measles every year because we can't afford penicillin, but the second there's a disease that might kill a couple of Westerners, everyone panics!"

When you compare the numbers regarding the *regular* flu to this one, there is no comparison. A great case of the media having nothing better to do.:lol:

As of 15 minutes ago, the company I work for has suspended all business flights to Mexico.

There's one case of it over here, a three-year-old toddler but according to the news he is getting better already.

Not sure if the big media hype was necessary, I think it just scares people.

In my state, it is no longer the "swine flu," it's the "H1N1 virus." The pork producers were not thrilled about this and demanded that people stop calling it "swine flu.":lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back