• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

TBR Number?

-Carlos-

I have at least 290 books in my TBR list. How many on your list? :D

To view my list click on the link in my sig.

Yes, it's a zero. There are no particular titles TBR, but I have a few books on my bookshelves that I haven't gotten to yet. :p

It used to be in the 50 and above range, but now I think I'm down to 10. I pretty much spent my whole summer/beginning of fall making sure I read purely TBR titles. This didn't stop me from buying more books, but very few things can do that.

Define your terms, AB. I don't have so many TBR on my own shelves in my house..maybe about 35-50. But if you check my amazon wishlist for interlibrary loan, or my three-ring binder where I house such lists...let's just say that binder and wishlist are FULL of possibilities!

My TBR list is now at 334 and it never goes down. I cannot stop myself from buying books at a rate so much higher than my reading rate.

I've over a 1,000 books going unread on my shelves. Having reader's block at the moment doesn't help.

I've over a 1,000 books going unread on my shelves. Having reader's block at the moment doesn't help.

Aren't you also up to your eyeballs in coursework at Uni? I'm sure your reading mojo will return once that's all over and done.

I'm having reader's block myself. It stinks to high heaven. I figure it might be caused by added stress or maybe not. Stress will hamper our mental focus I figure. :sad:

I go on these reading binges and accomplish a lot, but then I have to go out and buy a lot of new books. Although lately I've managed to keep it down to one or two books when I snap my resistance and need to shop. Most recent purchase though was a book I had already read several years ago so it prevented me from adding to the TBR pile.

But do I seriously need more Stephen King novels on my bookshelf...? ;)

My Goodreads page shows 40 unread books. Like some have mentioned, I wish I had the discipline to read what I have before buying more.

Your TBR list

I have a ton to read and to top it off, I'm certain that I will get more books today. Oh, it's so terrible to love books this way.:sad:

Here is my list, I'm keeping it short.

Hawthorne; The House of the Seven Gables
Shapiro; Neurotic Styles
Dickens; Bleak House

A girl friend got me a book journal for Christmas a few years ago. I haven't written as many titles for the "Books To Read" pages as one might expect. Although some of them looking back I no longer remember the reason why I was interested in reading them in the first place.

My TBR pile is now under 30 books so that list of titles I'd like to read could soon grow exponentially.

I've gotten serious this year and have a list of the books that I have read and also made a TBR List.

The only rules I have with my TBR list is that the book is less than 600 pages (due to my slow reading pace, anything larger seems too daunting) and that it is available at my local library. All the books listed have come from B&R suggestions on the various forums.

So here is my current list:

Carter Beats The Devil – Glen David Gold (563 p)
Case Histories – Kate Atkinson (304 p)
Boy In Striped PJ’s – John Boyne (215 p)
Shutter Island - Dennis Lehane (325 p)
Bone Collector - Jeffrey Deaver (404 p)
The Missing - Tim Gautreaux (375 p)
On Beauty – Zadie Smith (445 p)
Child 44 – Tom Rob Smith (474 p)
Remains Of The Day - Kazuo Ishiguro (258 p)
Whiskey Sour – J.A. Konrath (270 p)
Me Talk Pretty One Day – David Sedaris (272 p)
In A Sunburned Country – Bill Bryson (335 p)
Round Ireland With A Fridge – Tony Hawks (264 p)
Marley And Me – John Grogan (291 p)
Skinny Dip – Carl Hiaasen (355 p)
Killer Instinct – Joseph Finder (406 p)
Bleeding Hearts – Ian Rankin (404 p)
School Days – Robert B Parker (295 p)
Demon Seed – Dean Koontz (213 p)
The Sorrows Of An American – Siri Hustvedt (306 p)
The Name Of The Rose – Umberto Eco (502 p)
A Blind Eye – G.M.Ford (293 p)
Herge: The Man Who Created Tintin – Pierre Assouline (276 p)
Ask The Dust – John Fante (198 p)
Post Office - Charles Bukowski (198 p)
Factotum – Charles Bukowski (163 p)
Last Words – George Carlin (297 p)
The Confederacy Of Dunces – John Kennedy Toole (338 p)
Cat’s Cradle – Kurt Vonnegut (205 p)

Back