• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Terry C. Johnston

BB45

First off, I'm new to the forum so Hi ya'll.

I'm nearin the end of Carry the Wind right now and have found it to be one of the best reads of my life! Very detailed, very accurate, very intense at times. I plan to read the rest of the series next all in row. I've heard some praise for Johnston, but also some critisism(long winded ect.) and would like to know your honest opinions. Is the rest of this series of novels as worth readin as I see it is? Let me know.

I haven't read as much as some of you probably have, but for my age I've read a lot. Any questions or concerns will be answered as honest as I know how and I'll appreciate the information ya'll have to provide.

Thanks to ya'll for havin me!!!

I enjoy fiction that takes place in that era, but I don't care the least for Johnston. I read one of his books and it quickly found it's way to the land fill with Larry McMurtry's Berrybender Narratives.

Have you read anthing else from that period?

I don't frequent this forum very often so I know this is a late response and you may not even see it if you also don't frequent the forum anymore, but just in case...

Even though nobody ever replied to my one and only post inquiring about Terry Johnston's books, I went ahead and read the entire nine volume Titus Bass series and found it to be very entertaining...and I wish there were more! I personally didn't think most of the books were "long winded", although the first three were a bit wordy. On the whole, however, I'd strongly recommend the series to anyone interested in the historical events of that time period, the earliest days of white mans expansion to the American West.

I hope you read this...and I hope you give one or more of his books a try.

Back