• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Thanks for the New Server!

{Tigress}

kickbox
Darren Lewis said:
The forums are now back online using a temporary URL.

The downtime was due to our server move. Once the domain name has migrated across to the new server (it takes up to 48 hours for this to happen) the site will be able to be accessed in the usual way.

And now the good part...

The Book Forum is now on its own dedicated server. The new server is a nice shiny new hyperthreading Pentium 4 2.8Ghz with 1Gb of RAM. We have over a terabyte of bandwith each month!!

In short, this means that we have enough power to keep us going for a long time

The new server is located in Dallas, Texas, in the in the former Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas building, to be exact

The server move has also allowed me to clean up the forum database and do a few minor repairs here and there. One thing people may notice is that their post count may have changed. The post count has been rebuilt and reflects the current posts in the database.

Enjoy the new server, just watch out for the new paintwork!

Thank you, Darren! This is very, very cool!

And thanks for getting things back up so soon -- your addicts sincerely appreciate the short downtime! :)

You bunch of suck-ups!

I hate the new server. It smells bad!

No, kidding. This is great!

Cheers, Martin

Thanks, Ashlea. Lol at Martin!! I just look like her but wearing pairs of glassess with long straight skirt!!

another thanks

Another "Thank you, Darren" from me, :)

Thank you very much for this bookforum and your great efforts to make it wonderful and friendly!!

I find it funny that the thanks are for a new server when, to my eyes anyway, there are no real differences (other than bandwidth) to the previoud one.

I clicked like a mentalist on the GoogleAds anyway. Like I always do. :)

Now, how's about putting some competition between the members of this forum like on my other forum at VBA Express where we have (on a vBulletin site) a games arcade for the members. :)

Mile-O-Phile said:
I find it funny that the thanks are for a new server when, to my eyes anyway, there are no real differences (other than bandwidth) to the previoud one.

I clicked like a mentalist on the GoogleAds anyway. Like I always do. :)

We are not thanking him because things are faster, but for the fact he got a new server and is keeping this site alive and in good working order. Darren does not have to do anything at all. It's only by his good will that this place exists. That is why we thank him.

I feel like putting on a spangly dress and running round shouting 'WE LOVE YOU DAARRRRRREEENNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!'

But I won't. For now.

Back