• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The 12th Wheel of Time book

Taidaishar

First off, let me say that the rule about not posting links until you've made 15 posts is really annoying and detrimental to this forum. I know, it helps cut down on spam, but it's still annoying because I can't post the link to this site. I'll try to jimmy rig it.

(HAHA! I beat the system!!)

For those that don't want to read it, it appears the finale will be split into three books with tentative release dates of Nov 2009, Nov 2010 and Nov 2011. Brandon Sanderson (the guy who's writing them) says that he thinks the last two are actually the LATEST that these books will be released.

Anyway, I was upset to hear that they were considering cutting it into multiple books because I thought it would be 5 years before we got the ending. However, that's going on Robert Jordan's usual publishing schedule. As it stands, I'm quite happy. It seems he'll be able to do a VERY thorough job tying up all the loose ends and wrapping up all the plotlines, AND he will be releasing these books in a fairly timely manner.

All in all, I'm happy.

I'm sort of relieved that it's going to be split into three books. When I heard there was only one book left I was certain it would feel rushed. Now I don't have that fear. But at the same time, I hope the books keep the upturn they took with the last book. Winter and especially Crossroads felt more like filler than anything. Also, I have never read any of Sanderson's books, but I was thinking about reading one before the next WoT comes out.

While I don't mind it being split into 3 books so much, with how much story is left to wrap up, does anyone else think it would be ridiculous to release the 3 sections that far apart? Having to potentially wait 2+ years to FINALLY read the ending is kind of a turnoff.

While I don't mind it being split into 3 books so much, with how much story is left to wrap up, does anyone else think it would be ridiculous to release the 3 sections that far apart? Having to potentially wait 2+ years to FINALLY read the ending is kind of a turnoff.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all. If we were on RJ's timeline, we probably wouldn't have any of the books (or the last one if he kept it to only one book) until like 2 or 3 years from now. He always took so long in between books. Having three books out with only a year in between is so refreshing. I mean, I know we'll all finish each of the books within a week and we'll have 51 weeks to wait for the next, but even still, that's better than how long we've had to wait in between other installments.

Also, Sanderson said that he thought that he could put them out faster than 1 year in between... whether he will or not remains to be seen.

Back