• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

~ The Atlantean Chronicles ~

DomCav95

My First Chapter

Hi there,

My name is Dominic and I am 16 years old and I love to write, at the moment I only write when I can due to schooling commitments but when I can I always do it and it just keeps me calm and releases all the stress.

Anyway, enough of that stuff, please could you give me some helpful feedback and constructive criticism as to how I'm doing and how my writing skills are.

The book is entitled Fall of The Trident and is the first part of my Greek Mythological series. This book follows Zathos, a young Atlantean forced to realise he isn't what he think's he is. He's a God and a very powerful one! Forget everything you thought you knew about The Twelve Olympians, they've got a dark family secret and it's about to come out!

Here's the link:
~ The Atlantean Chronicles ~ | By Dominic Cavanagh | Blurb

Thanks for looking and please comment below and on the link too! thanks for the support!

From
Dominic! ;)

Hi there,

My name is Dominic and I am 16 years old and I love to write, at the moment I only write when I can due to schooling commitments but when I can I always do it and it just keeps me calm and releases all the stress.

Anyway, enough of that stuff, please could you give me some helpful feedback and constructive criticism as to how I'm doing and how my writing skills are.

The book is entitled Fall of The Trident and is the first part of my Greek Mythological series. This book follows Zathos, a young Atlantean forced to realise he isn't what he think's he is. He's a God and a very powerful one! Forget everything you thought you knew about The Twelve Olympians, they've got a dark family secret and it's about to come out!

Here's the link:
~ The Atlantean Chronicles ~ | By Dominic Cavanagh | Blurb

Thanks for looking and please comment below and on the link too! thanks for the support!

From
Dominic! ;)

Hi Dominic: I read two or three pages and I think you've made a really good start. You might want to have someone proof read for errors in spelling and grammar -also for language contemporary to the time period you are writing about. It's a very ambitious project considering you are still having to do school work too. I hope your writing career takes off and I wish you all the very best. I'm not a literary reviewer in any sense - just someone who likes to read. You'll probably get useful and constructive comments from other people more competent at reviewing than I am. :)

Hi Dominic: I read two or three pages and I think you've made a really good start. You might want to have someone proof read for errors in spelling and grammar -also for language contemporary to the time period you are writing about. It's a very ambitious project considering you are still having to do school work too. I hope your writing career takes off and I wish you all the very best. I'm not a literary reviewer in any sense - just someone who likes to read. You'll probably get useful and constructive comments from other people more competent at reviewing than I am. :)

cheers, that's what I was hoping for but the fact that you say I've made a good start had cheered me up, I really appreciate it, its not something I really focus on this writing, its a way of relieving stress for me! rather be writing than outside vandalising or drinking in a park as most would stereotype a teenager to do, I'm trying to prove we're more than just 'Hoodies'

The Atlantean Chronicles: Fall of the Trident

Hi there! my name is Dominic, I'm 16 years old, come from Liverpool and I am currently studying for my A Level Qualifications.

From time to time I sit down at my computer and just type and type until a few months ago I came up with a story which i found myself to be rather interesting.

Using Blurb software called BookSmart I created my book and here is the link to the first Chapter!

~ The Atlantean Chronicles ~ | Book Preview

My book is about Zathos, a young Atlantean teenager struggling to find his place in the world, until he goes out on a quest that will take him from boy to man and beyond! Not knowing what he really is, a God and a very powerful one! Forget everything you thought you knew about The Twelve Olympians, they've got a dark family secret and it's about to come out!

I really am looking to see if people find it interesting and whether I should continue writing, also I need to find out if I am actually any good at being an author so please give me as much criticism as you see fit!

I have just read the first 10 pages of your book. You have a great imagination and i know myself how much time and effort goes into writing a book. Like mine your book needs work, but you seem to have a good idea where you want to go with it. I have just been ordered off the computer to watch a movie so when im on again i will have another look. What i have found is because i know the story so well, i miss mistakes. To try and get round this i pick a page and read paragraphs out out order. It stops you from skimming your story. Im no pro so obviously their may be better ways out there, but its just something i started to do ;o)

Hi there,

I'm Dominic, aged 16, from Liverpool in the North-West of England and I'm currently studying for my A-Levels.

In my spare time I love to write and quite recently have stumbled across an idea that I thought that I'd be able to develop into a fully fledged story.

I know exactly where I want it to go but I just need criticism and feedback, both negative and positive is welcome.

Thanks for taking the time to read through my first chapter, here's the link:
~ The Atlantean Chronicles ~ | Book Preview

It is based around Greek Mythology, following a young Atlantean boy named Zathos. Follow him on the adventure of a lifetime, a quest that will take him from a boy, to a man, and beyond!

Thanks guys,
Dominic

Back