• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Atlantic Monthly, The New Yorker, or Harper's

Which one?

• The Atlantic Monthly

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • The New Yorker

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Harper's

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

nomadic myth

Which magazine should I subscribe to?

I just want to stay on top of things in a more intellectual way than from newspapers.

All three are excellent, I get The Atlantic Monthly by subscription and The New Yorker through a good friend. To me, the A.M. has more material IMHO, but TNY has more litaerary works and that kind of thing. I say-go with the Atlantic Monthly.

Hmmmm....

Looks like it will be The Atlantic Monthly, by 3:1:1.

I'm not going to subscribe until September, after summer holidays. If anyone here works for Harper's or The New Yorker they better get their votes in.

You can't go wrong with The Atlantic nomadic. When you do subscribe, check out their "rite and riposte" forum area, really top-notch.

I finally went with Harper's, against the poll results. It's the favorite of my former high school English teacher, the guy who turned me on to great books, so it kind of trumped everything when I finally went to subscribe. I'm enjoying it, but it seems a little sparse at times.

Back