• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The case of missing thread

RaVeN

I seem to have misplaced a thread that I started last week titled "Name That Band".
I know that I've been taking a lot of cold medication the last few days but did I just imagine the whole thread? :D
I was going to compile the list of names that were suggested today but I'll be damned if I can find it.
I'm not offering a reward but I would appreciate it if someone would find the thread for me. (poor little thread is probably lonely and cold and frightened)

Many thanks!
RaVeN

Now i was gonna laugh at you for being stupid, and smugly give you a link ....

but .... its gone :( :eek:

Phil!!

Shame on you both! :D
I guess it wasn't just the Robitussin that I've been taking then.

RaVeN
(here little thready, come home to Papa)

RaVeN said:
I seem to have misplaced a thread that I started last week titled "Name That Band".

I would appreciate it if someone would find the thread for me. (poor little thread is probably lonely and cold and frightened)

No. The little thread is not lonely, or cold, although it may have reason to be frightened.
I have reason to believe it is snuggled up with my own little thread, 'Crimson Tears', which has also gone missing.

I hope they are very happy together. :mad:

Third Man Girl

Ok, let's compile a list of suspects.

Well it could be any of the people on the Member's list (see above), but that's far too many people to set the monkeys on :cool:

Now who has the means to supress all evidence of the thread in question?

Clicking the forum leaders: http://forums.thebookforum.com/showgroups.php?

The suspects seem to be:

Darren
Ell
Ashlea
Murphyz

Now for opportunity:
Last activity:

Ashlea- today an hr ago
Darren- unknown, though his last post was 24 hrs ago
Ell- unknown, though her last post was around 40 hrs ago
Murphyz- today an hr ago

Hmm- not getting much there, though I've got a lower index of suspicion towards Darren and Ell

Now to get to motive. Erm I wasn't following that thread, so perhaps someone else can shed light on the subject. Why that thread, and not the others?

I will now hand over to someone else to find more clues and thus reveal the identity of the culprit.

Or we could say the butler did it ;)

fluffy bunny said:
Ok, let's compile a list of suspects.

Well it could be any of the people on the Member's list (see above), but that's far too many people to set the monkeys on :cool:

Now who has the means to supress all evidence of the thread in question?

Clicking the forum leaders: http://forums.thebookforum.com/showgroups.php?

The suspects seem to be:

Darren
Ell
Ashlea
Murphyz

Now for opportunity:
Last activity:

Ashlea- today an hr ago
Darren- unknown, though his last post was 24 hrs ago
Ell- unknown, though her last post was around 40 hrs ago
Murphyz- today an hr ago

Hmm- not getting much there, though I've got a lower index of suspicion towards Darren and Ell

Now to get to motive. Erm I wasn't following that thread, so perhaps someone else can shed light on the subject. Why that thread, and not the others?

I will now hand over to someone else to find more clues and thus reveal the identity of the culprit.

Or we could say the butler did it ;)

Here is a crazy idea!!! Maybe it was just an error in the Database and it got wiped? :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

This is certainly a 2 pipe problem at it's best.
It's my belief that Ashlea's had it out for me ever since I made that remark about waxing her car(no proof mind you, just a gut feeling) :D
And Ell has been a kindred spirit durring our conversations about hockey(but that could have been a wicked, premeditated plot to throw me off the scent) :mad:
Murphyz's postings always seem sly & predator-like but there were no confrontations between us that I can remember and no need to add that name to my suspect list(for the time being) :confused:
That leaves use with Darren. Counting this one, there are 366 reasons for him to seek vengeance and I wouldn't put anything past that diabolical Mastermind. Sure he pretends to be the fatherly, all carring type but who really knows what the next move in his little chees game of life might be? :eek:
I've decided to put this all in the hands of the one man that can find the solution. We can now rest easy knowing that The Dutch Dude is on the prowl.

RaVeN

I looked around in some dark corners but didn't find either thread. I'm guessing that as 2 have gone missing and they seem to be pretty randomly chosen, it's a database quirk.

We'll have to see if Darren can shed some light on where threads go to hide. :)

MARTIN! His wisdom knows no bounds! ( apart from the bounds it knows )

If he is on the case... It is only a matter of time!

GO MARTIN!!! GO!!!!! :D

*sits to wait*

SillyWabbit

Ashlea said:
Might it have something to do with this?

A clever scheme concocted by the owner and one of his questionable moderators And what a coincidence that you Ashlea, have just recently joined their ranks. :eek:
Is that a conspiracy theory I smell or is it merely time to change the linens?

RaVeN

Is ashlea trying to throw us off the scent?

Incidentally, I seem to be having more fun with this thread than the aforementioned missing threads

We need the Dutch dude

At this point I'm afraid that there's nothing we can do but wait.
I've blasted the Dutch Dude signal over the Netherlands darkist night and called his hotline numerous times (I think I'm starting to piss off his mom)
When the time is right he will appear from the shadows and smite the guilty when they least expect it.
For he has the power
He has the truth
He has a big spork
He is.... THE DUTCH DUDE

RaVeN

RaVeN said:
This is certainly a 2 pipe problem at it's best.
It's my belief that Ashlea's had it out for me ever since I made that remark about waxing her car(no proof mind you, just a gut feeling) :D
And Ell has been a kindred spirit durring our conversations about hockey(but that could have been a wicked, premeditated plot to throw me off the scent) :mad:
Murphyz's postings always seem sly & predator-like but there were no confrontations between us that I can remember and no need to add that name to my suspect list(for the time being) :confused:
That leaves use with Darren. Counting this one, there are 366 reasons for him to seek vengeance and I wouldn't put anything past that diabolical Mastermind. Sure he pretends to be the fatherly, all carring type but who really knows what the next move in his little chees game of life might be? :eek:
I've decided to put this all in the hands of the one man that can find the solution. We can now rest easy knowing that The Dutch Dude is on the prowl.

After this, I have the strong suspicion that you yourself might be planning a hostile takeover... First you let people point their fingers at eachother, and then when no one's looking, you claim the BF throne! I'm on to your cunning plan!

(can I please, please, please be your sidekick?)

lies said:
After this, I have the strong suspicion that you yourself might be planning a hostile takeover... First you let people point their fingers at eachother, and then when no one's looking, you claim the BF throne! I'm on to your cunning plan!

(can I please, please, please be your sidekick?)

I have no idea what you're talking about(damn crafty eyed Belgian *$@&^*!) but please forward all resumes to Master Wabbit for I am but a simple tool in his plans for World Domination.

Sincerely,
RaVeN
(the simple tool) :D

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHTTT!!!!

What he means is that I have no plans for world domination! NOPE. No plans at all.

*kicks laser gun under chair*

*whistles*

Regards
SillyWabbit

But Master, it was just last night that you said the BF was your 1st step in de-frocking George W and his sidekick The Blair Wonder. :D

RaVeN

Back