• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Connection Between Coffee and Reading?

MrMojoRisin

Or should I dare to say caffeine and reading?

I think it's safe to say that the relationship between coffee/caffeine and reading is quite a strong, palatable one, don't you think?

I just read a couple of posts in the thread about "the best place in the world to read" or something like that, and I saw a post from somebody that was about their relaxing temperament that involved coffee and reading.

During the day I drink caffeine to my heart's content. In between I read like a madman whenever I get the time.

So, what is with the connection between the caffeinated beverage and reading? Does anybody know its origin/history? I'm just curious, and hopefully I'm not the only one.:lol:

I suppose some readers drink caffeinated beverages to stay awake to finish an interesting book. I stick with tea. :cool:

Still prolonging that caffeine/reading connection, huh, Occlith?

For me, I'm the type of person that really burns the midnight oil on weekends. There's nothing like reading at 2 AM on a Saturday.

Still prolonging that caffeine/reading connection, huh, Occlith?

For me, I'm the type of person that really burns the midnight oil on weekends. There's nothing like reading at 2 AM on a Saturday.

Totally agree. I am finishing my PhD at the moment which means incredibly long hours at university. As such I have cultivated a pretty chronic caffeine addiction. I usually get home around 1 am and then start reading for the day.

When I read the thread title, my mind instantly went to images of me wiling away many a hour in coffee shops reading.

Back