• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

the cover is kind of abstract with a barn

WoundedThorns

i read this one book in 8th grade b/c my librarian recommended it to me, but i cannot remember the title for the life of me. its from the point of view of a teenage guy who has a retarded father. his parents were neighbors growing up until they got married and lived in the fathers childhood home. his mother finds some contest where you win a free barn. alas, she won and they moved in. she had some sort of concept where i think anyone who wanted to could move in.. a big section of the book is the son interacting with the odd characters that move in..
his mother eventually gets involved with an affair and gets pregnant. the main character of the story is basically going crazy as he discovers the lack of "normal" among his household. his father isn't phased/hurt by his mothers actions since he doesn't understand them i suppose.. one part i remember is the mother got kind of famous for the concept of the barn and theres some media crews following her around while she gives them the tour. the son is angry b/c her affair is walking along side of her instead of her husband, the guy's father. i also remember the one part where he's yelling at the mother for marrying his father in the first place, as if she thought that she was just marrying her playmate.

the book is better than i'm making it sound, but i was wondering if anyone can regognize it and give me the title.. thanks

Back