• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Dark War

CasualCoelacant

The Dark War?

Hello everyone.

Long story short, my mother and I have been looking for a book for many years now. I am 17 years old, and as a young(er) child, she read this certain book to me, and due to our memories remembering how fantastic it was, we have been on a search for it. I do not know when the book was originally published, but i believe it was new at the time she read it to me, which would have been around 1993-1995. It was a children's fantasy book, but had a very dark tone. The illustrations were very well done, and eerie. The title was similar to "The Dark War". searching up anything with 'war' in the title at the library yields nothing but books dealing with actual earthly wars.

The book began with a boy in an abandoned house, and one way or another he encounters another version of himself, i believe. this other him leads him into this other world, where the rest of the book takes place. A pet was dominant in the story, and while i remember it being a dog like a basset hound, my mom remembers it being a cat. I also remember the animal being slaughtered and killed later in the story by another character in the book, who was a suit of armor. an evil knight. This is all i remember, and really wish we had bought the book instead of checking it out from the library so long ago. Finding the title of this book and getting my hands on it would satisfy that curiosity in my life that hasn't stopped since i forgot the book and tried remembering it. So does anyone here remember this book, what its title truly is and who the author is? I appreciate any help.

Back