• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The government bailout

What statement most closely describes how you feel about this government bailout?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not really Stewart, but I don't know enough about the situation to have an informed opinion. At first I thought "Leave it alone -- let those companies fail" -- but then they started fear mongering about the credit crunch, and I worried about Main Street (sorry -- everyone's sick of that term but I don't know a better one).

Mostly I'm disappointed that Wall Street seems to be in charge of the future of the United States.

I don't know if the "Stewart" option has been explained to you so let me just take a word or two to do that.

Stewart option will at times mean any, all, some, most or none of the following:

I don't know
I don't care
You didn't give me the right option
All of the above
None of the above
*A much higher number than the ranges listed
I am actually Stewart
The question is not applicable to the answers
It's fun to vote

*a recently discovered definition.

I'm against it if for not other reason than Washington (as in Dee See) thinks it's a good idea.

That's reason enough for me too.

I thought the sky is falling warnings were just a bit overblown as well. I mean nobody even attempted to make the case for the sacrosanct free market to solve it. Why not? It's praises are sung constantly when it doesn't matter, but they clam up when it does?

There are now a lot of press reports about this becoming an iternational problem.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/07/business/07markets.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

The bailout bill was passed, mostly due to pork spending that got some reluctant house members to vote on. They do have an asking price and it was met evidently. The sad thing about all of it is that the $700 billion is just a guess, we don't really know if that is THE total or not. See you guys at the soup line.:lol:

Recently bankrupt and bailed out AIG just spent half a mil sending some of their executives to a posh resort in California.

Is this how they're gonna spend our money?

I was suspicious when we didn't see anyone jumping out of windows on Wall Street. They knew there'd be a safety net, and we're paying for it.

Somebody be a brave soul and convince us why this thing is in the best interest of the country as a whole...but only if you really believe it.

Back