• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

the Harry Potter novels thread

Glad this is THE Harry Potter novels thread, or i might have confused it with the other 20 Harry Potter threads lying around ;)

I very much enjoyed all five books, and i too cant wait for the next one (which will probably be out around 2020!)

Phil :D

personally, hp books are great but i just get this feeling that rowling is somewhat trying to lenghten the books just to make it thicker and more expensive (to rake in money)... *shrug*

Really? I always get the feeling that she would prefer to right shorter books but it just isn't how it works out. As if the story has a life of its own.

I didn't much like order of the phoenix

I enjoyed the books, sure. My favourite was Prisoner. Goblet also had many exciting moments. However, the Order of the Phoenix seemed far too long.

Originally posted by Gawyn
personally, hp books are great but i just get this feeling that rowling is somewhat trying to lenghten the books just to make it thicker and more expensive (to rake in money)... *shrug*

hmm... but you've got to admit rowling has a really wild imagination.

Re: I didn't much like order of the phoenix

Originally posted by tailypo
I enjoyed the books, sure. My favourite was Prisoner. Goblet also had many exciting moments. However, the Order of the Phoenix seemed far too long.

yeah. it was great (as usual) but i think i expected too much. i mean, dumbledore didn't really reveal much interesting stuff. right?

I liked the Order of the Phoenix, but i felt that some of the magic had leaked out of it somewhere <shrugs> maybe i just prefer happy kid Harry instead of angsty teenager Harry.

Phil

I didn't like when Ron's rat turned out to be an evil wizard. I liked the rat.:mad:

Originally posted by phil_t
I liked the Order of the Phoenix, but i felt that some of the magic had leaked out of it somewhere <shrugs> maybe i just prefer happy kid Harry instead of angsty teenager Harry.

Phil
we can't prevent harry from growing up. lol
let him explore his...uhm... masculinity. hehe :p

Ron and .... Snape
Harry and .... a centaur
Hermione and ..... Dumbliedore

.... <Gives up trying to think of ridiculous combinations and gets back to doing that job application he keeps putting off>

Phil

Back