• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

the make friends thread!

sandra!

okay, so here's a new thread where people of any age can come and get to know each other. hello!!!

Hello. :)

Prior to this thread my only way of making friends was through origami. But the weather would change, and come the first windy day, they couldn't escape fast enough. My hobbies include long moonlit walks, climbing, and crowbars. From a friend, I require large sums of money, total trust, power of attorney and at least one kidney.

Actually, having been described in recent days by someone who knows, as 'Little girl lost. With a minigun.' are you really sure you want to be friends?

Origami's fun :)

Hello everyone. I'm addicted to Coldplay (it's obvious), and my favorite fruit is the mango. =P Ok uherm, I love poetry. love love love. <3<3<3

That's all for now. :)

Then you've never truely experienced misery, have you.

Misery is as real as it gets.

Cheers, Martin :cool:

What is real? Because you touch something, how do you know it is really there? That rug, is it blue? Well, I say it isn't, prove me wrong.

If it's blue to 51% of all people out there, it's blue. Period. Maybe not to you, but to the world.

That is okay. People can believe whatever they want.

Let me ask you a question: You're Dutch, have you read VanGogh's letters?

If I may enter the fray :D

It IS blue because scientists know that every persons retina reads light in exactly the same way. My blue is the same as your blue. Also, not only that. The light spectrum obeys the same laws of physics in every part of this and and any other world. It's blue.

Regards
SillyWabbit

No, I have not read Van Gogh's letters.

Of course everything is subjective, and relative to the person feeling, seeing, touching, experiencing it. You could take it as far as you want, for example by saying that the visible world out there is something we created in our minds in order to make it comprehensible. We could all be pulses of energy floating around in a spaceless space, unable to grasp the reality of that reality.

I just don't think we are. We are here, that rug is blue, and misery is very, very real.

Back