• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The most shocking but believable theory

piedro

this has to be the most stunning theory ever. it was proposed by one woman, Dora and i found it on another forum

Well, AFTER 6 YEARS OF BOOK 1'S RELEASE, one russian woman (Dora) discovered that Rowling told in book 1 about 2 main deaths in the Potter series. She wrote an article about it. When I read it, I was deeply shocked. Then I also discovered many new facts by myself and found another 2 deaths of another two main characters.

Rowling always had a good sense of humor . She described the Second Wizard War in the MCGonnagal's chessgame. The chessmen (chessmen, figures...how strangely she describes them, like real people, not like pieces of stone) are black (Aurors) and white. The white figures are scary, cus they are "faceless" (white terrible masks of death eaters). Here is the quote:
>>Harry, Ron and Hermione shivered slightly -- the towering white chessmen had no faces.
Then let's take a look at this:
>>"Well, Harry, you take the place of that bishop, and Hermione, you are next to him instead of that castle."
"What about you?"
"I'm going to be a knight," said Ron.

That's a very strange choise, isn't it? Ron is very good at chess, he must knew, that it's better to be a king, because kings can stay untill the end of the game without being taken, and they are the ones, who command. It would be much more logical to be a king. But Rowling likes symbolism, and everything in this chessgame is symbolical. Ron IS a knight. Because this redhead boy is pure in heart and brave as a real knight. He never was a king, nor a commander among his friends. Hermione is a castle, because castle walks straight, and Hermione is quite a "straight" person. Harry is a bishop because bishop is the figure, that is very close to the King (Dumbledore). Harry is also not "straight" like Hermioe, he prefers "to walk diagonally", because he's self-effacing and a little secretive (like confessors (bishop)).

Then the game (war) begins. You know, in the movie this game was shown better than in the book, there were more detailes in it. So the game (and the second war) begines with Cedric's death - in the movie the black pawn Cedric (innosent die first, and so pawns are taken first in a chessgame) was taken by white Voldemort's pawn Wormtail ("high, cold voice say, "Kill the spare." A swishing noise and a second voice, which screeched the words to the night: "Avada Kedavra!").
Later in the book, Joanne says: >>Their first real shock came when their other knight was taken. The white queen smashed him to the floor and dragged him off the board, where he lay quite still, facedown.
Bellatrix Lestrange murdered Sirius Black.

>>Every time one of their men was lost, the white pieces showed no mercy. Soon there was a huddle of limp black players slumped along the wall. Ron himself darted around the board, taking almost as many white pieces as they had lost black ones.
The war plot of the sixth book. Many, many people die. In the movie we can almost clearly see the death of the black queen, who's undoubtly a Severus Snape, a faithul and the closest servant of Dumbledore. The Black Queen is the most dangerous figure in a game (Snape is a spy) and one of the strongest persons among all "chessmen". It means, that Voldemort killed him as he wished("One, who I believe has left me forever ... he will be killed, of course . . .").
Then we completely clearly see the death of the Castle - she is professor MCGonnagal. Ron and Sirius are very similar characters, they are both knights. Hermione and McGonagall are similar, Hermione is a castle, and so Minerva is. Well, probably Hagrid would be a castle, but he was never so important. And if McGonagall is a Black Quenn, than she still dies. Then, Harry is a bishop, so another Bishop is Neville. And so on...

>>"Yes..." said Ron softly, "It's the only way... I've got to be taken."
"No!" Harry and Hermione shouted.
"That's chess!" snapped Ron. "You've got to make some sacrifices! I take one step forward and she'll take me -- that leaves you free to checkmate the king, Harry!"
"But --"
"Do you want to stop Snape or not?"
"Ron --"
"Look, if you don't hurry up, he'll already have the Stone!"
There was no alternative.
Ron sacrifises himself to let Harry kill Voldemort. There is NO alternative, he has to die anyway. It's book 7.
>>He stepped forward, and the white queen pounced. She struck Ron hard across the head with her stone arm, and he crashed to the floor - Hermione screamed but stayed on her square - the white queen dragged Ron to one side. He looked as if he'd been knocked out.
Bellatrix Lestrange murders Ron Weasley.
>>The white king took off his crown and threw it at Harry's feet. They had won. The chessmen parted and bowed, leaving the door ahead clear.
Harry kills Voldemort and survives. The Second Wizard War ends.

But Voldemort and Quirrel also won the chessgame - before the trio came.

So, who's playing the chess better?

As I already said, Rowling always had a good sense of humor.

I never thought of that before but I must admit that fits perfectley. I don't know how you camr up with it but I bet you just spoiled the series for me. "Bloody Brilliant".

Thanks,
RP

That's a very strange choise, isn't it? Ron is very good at chess, he must knew, that it's better to be a king, because kings can stay untill the end of the game without being taken, and they are the ones, who command. It would be much more logical to be a king.
No one with any expertise in playing chess would choose to be King, the weakest piece on the board. Ron went for mobility and the masked move, the permutations of how that L move is performed is just the kind of piece a chessmaster would opt for. Otherwise, you have a very interesting theory there!

O

Oberon said:
No one with any expertise in playing chess would choose to be King, the weakest piece on the board. Ron went for mobility and the masked move, the permutations of how that L move is performed is just the kind of piece a chessmaster would opt for. Otherwise, you have a very interesting theory there!

I totally agree!

But that theory... I refuse to believe any bit of it. It's very easy to read something into things if you want to. Why not try and look at every single quidditch match a little more closely - I'm sure we can find at least some more deaths, intrigues or whatever. :p
I think it's a nice little theory but I wouldn't take it too seriously.

I'll go with the pieces part of it, it fits the characters well, I believe that was done on purpose, and I picked it up the first time I read the book. The other part I'm uneasy about, I believe Snape will die, ever since I read the 4th book I had chills down my back, for I love Snape as a character and my heart reaches out to his troubled soul. I don't believe Minerva will ever die. And I believe there are 50/50 odds that Hagrid&Ron will die, they both play the part, Neville plays the part yet his parents have a history with defying voldy and I feel that it is in Jo's duty to have Neville finish off Bellatrix, it would just be too despondent if both him&his parents fall to the ashes (well...practically).

Ron isn't bave enough to sacrifice his life for anything, i understand that he sacrificed himself for harry to continue in the 1st book, but he knew he was going to live didn't he. besides if he dies harry will be to weighed down with grief to fight voldemort.

And proffeser mcgonagol* won't die because if she did then no one will take dumbledore's place when he dies.

There's another wacky theory called Dumbledors death you may want to check out

*sorry about the spelling

Back