• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The New Thomas Covenant books.

Billy said:
Hmm, I actually saw the first book of the new series in a bookshop yesterday. I resisted buying it because I have decided that I won't get them until they have all been written. I hope that I am not disappointed like you were, Oberon.
Hold on! I'd rate that level of disappointment as not getting a Bentley and settling for a Lexus ... :D There is always a little trepidation when a writer goes to the same well again. However, the return to the Land that occurred in the Second Chronicles actually raised the bar and expanded upon the world in which the Land exists that Donaldson really exceeded expectations. It remains to be seen that he can EXCEED expectations, but he still delivered a very good story. But there are many people waiting for George RR Martin's Feast of Crows, which is now become a 4th of 7, and there is real fear that we may never see the end of that marvellous tale! Don't blame anyone for waiting for the rest just to avoid the "waiting" ... ;)

Hehehe, well I have been waiting for Katherine Kerr's final ones of the Deverry series for over 5 years now and I worry that she'll never finish them. This is why I decided not to get into anymore series until all of them were written.

I'm so glad the level of disappointment wasn't too bad. I agree with what you said about him raising the bar with the second trilogy. It was excellent, indeed.

Anticipating more on wish than fact, that a second book in the third chronicles is forthcoming, I reread the whole magilla, and must admit that Runes was better than I remembered, and while it was different, the "trial" in Revelstone at the end of the story does carry some emotional depth as the Camorra of The Wounded Land. The concept of the Falls is intriguing, too, since it could be possible that more time travel will occur down the line.

Back