• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The only reason I look forward to fall/winter...

I'm looking forward to that too. But I also love how the leaves change colours and the days get shorter. I love stargazing so the longer nights in the winter make me very happy!

I also change the kind of reading I do with the season, though not consciously, I think. This is when I start pulling out the big, heavy books with dark covers. Heavier and darker subjects too, usually, and colder settings. I don't have an urge to escape winter with tropical stories until about February.

Interesting observation. I also find that Winter is when I bring out the heavy tomes.

Since I started crocheting, Fall and Winter also mean prime blanket, hat, and scarf-making time. I alternate between reading and crocheting in the spare moments. Wait, I do that all year...Anyway, I can't tell that my reading interests change so much with the seasons, but I enjoy the evenings by the woodstove reading and crocheting..

I'm looking forward to that too. But I also love how the leaves change colours and the days get shorter. I love stargazing so the longer nights in the winter make me very happy!

There is nothing like that and sweater weather. I love it nice and cool. Don't forget the pumpkin spice candle, pumpkin spice febreze, and everything and anything else that smells like pumpkin spice.

True that.:cool:

There is nothing like that and sweater weather. I love it nice and cool. Don't forget the pumpkin spice candle, pumpkin spice febreze, and everything and anything else that smells like pumpkin spice.

Pumpkin Spice is nice, but I prefer the aroma of wassail!

Mmmm, I really want pumpkin pie now... Never say anything about pumpkin in front of a pregnant woman! :lol:

I have fall/winter envy. I didn't realize how much I was going to miss it when I moved to a tropical place. Oh well, someday I will return to a four season climate. Until then I'll have to make due.

I think tonight I'll go home and crank that a/c way down and make some hot spiced wine. I have a apple cinnamon candle to burn too. When all else fails, fake it.:D

I love Fall. Even before the leaves start turning, the light looks different, specially in the afternoon and evenings. Once those leaves begin their change, it's all just so beautiful.

I think this is why I love Halloween so much. When I was growing up I remember trick or treating on those cold nights when you had to slog through the fallen leaves which seemed to pile up to my knee's. Those are delightfully, shivery memories.

Question, I remember that fallen leave's used to have a smell to them. Kind of earthy, smokey smell, especially oak's. Am I just mis-remembering this or do they have a scent?

I never noticed before, but I do tend enjoy reading in the colder months more. Especially rain, I love those days for reading. How odd, since I'm not an outdoors person in the first place.

It is so much easier to justify spending all day curled up on the couch or in bed reading when it's rainy and chilly outside; those warm sunny summer days I just can't do it! :D

I have to admit the fashion is more interesting. Does that sound weird coming from a guy?:whistling:

As a woman, I agree that fall fashions are much more fun! And I could see how men might think so too... I guess it leaves more to the imagination when women all around you aren't dressing like tramps.

Fall is for cooler temps, beautiful colors, and motorcycles on skyline drive. It doesn't get any better.

Winter is great for getting home in the dark and curling up on the recliner with a good book.

Life is good!

Back