• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger

Zeelinmar

Just wondering if anyone has read this series - Soulless, Blameless, Changeless - and what they thought of it? I'm picking up the 4th book this weekend - Timeless. Can't wait to see how it all ends.

I've heard of this series, and must admit I was curious to check it out. Can you give any feedback to the other books, specifically the first, in the series?

I've heard of this series, and must admit I was curious to check it out. Can you give any feedback to the other books, specifically the first, in the series?

It's paranormal steampunk where werewolves and vampires are accepted as normal society. It's set in the Victorian era and the main character who is Alexia Tarabotti is soulless. She can make vampires and werewolves normal humans just by touching them. It has a good bit of humor and the writing flows nicely to always keep you wondering what is going to happen next. I found it enjoyable without the dark violence that some vampire novels have. The series is a continuation of Alexia's life and job as Queen Victoria's "munjah" I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to get started on the 4th book. Hope you enjoy it. I believe at Amazon you can do a "quick read" of the first few pages, might spark your interest.

Well, apparently I can't count - there are 5 books in the series, I left out Heartless. At any rate I just finished book 5 - Timeless. My only criticism is I didn't like the way it ended particularly -but, it lived up to the mystery and humor that Gail Carriger started with the first book. The series is definitely worth the read in my humble opinion. Next up is another steampunk author Shelly Adina - Lady of Devices and Her Devices (I think those are the names, I don't have it in front of me right now.) If anyone has read those and would like to give me some idea how you liked them, I would be happy to hear, just no spoilers please.

Back