• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Punisher

Writer44

How is the Punisher doing these days? I haven't looked at this comic since the 1980's. I found a stack of them from the college days. Have a Number 1 and all. His motto used to be, "If you're guilt, you're dead." Nice.

Marvel currently has two Punisher ongoing series: one is in the MAX imprint (for mature readers), and is written by Garth Ennis, famous for Preacher, Hellblazer and Hitman. Everyone says this is the best Punisher ever, but if you like Ennis' work, you're out of luck because he's just about to finish his run on the series. And I don't know who his replacement is yet.

Then there's Matt Fraction's Punisher War Journal, which is softer; if you like to see Frank Castle interacting with the Marvel Universe, this is the series to pick.

Both series are also available on trades.

The current Punisher's plodding on. What you really should be looking at is the period around 5 yrs ago when Ennis and Dillon (of preacher fame) first took over the book and made it an OTT black comedy. The Welcome Back Frank trade's the place to start.

I like the punisher, seems were in the same boat as i have a few original punisher comics. till the new film had came out i was reading more x-men, but have now read a few of the newer punisher ones.
hope you like them.
How is the Punisher doing these days? I haven't looked at this comic since the 1980's. I found a stack of them from the college days. Have a Number 1 and all. His motto used to be, "If you're guilt, you're dead." Nice.

Back