• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The seiries/Book your reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Migey

whats the current book or seiries tha you are reading? tell us all the books in them,tell us the authors and what its about and discuss

im reading the pellinor seiries by Alison croggon,it goes 'The Gift','The Riddle','The Crow',and coming in july,'The Singing'

its about this girl called maerad(pronounced my-rad),although her brother hem narrates the third book,'the crow',maerad is a 'bard',which is the name for magicians/sorcerors in this seiries,she find out that she is the foretold,who will banish the nameless one,along her journey she finds out that her powers are stronger than almost any other bard,and she also has the blood of the 'elidhu',the elementals...through the books she travels with her mentor,Cadvan(shes alone for most of book 2 though)..

its a great seiries,i suggest that you read them
so what books are you reading?

Well....ok.

Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen (I've read the first four)
S.M. Stirling's Dies The Fire (just started)
Brian Aldiss's Helliconia Trilogy (read the first two)
Kevin J. Anderson's Saga of the Seven Suns (read the first five)

I am slowly working my way through Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin series but I have been taking a break from it to catch up on my classic sci-fi. Right now I am working on The Moon is Harsh Mistress.

I'm working my way through Dudley Pope's Ramage Series. I just finished #8 of 18. Lord Ramage is a British Naval Officer during the Napoleonic Wars.

1. 1796 - Ramage (1965)
  2. 1797 - Ramage and the Drumbeat (1968)
  3. 1797 - Ramage and the Freebooters (1969)
  4. 1797 - Governor Ramage RN (1973)
  5. 1798 - Ramage's Prize (1974)
  6. 1801 - Ramage and the Guillotine (1975)
  7. 1804 - Ramage's Diamond (1976)
  8. 1799 - Ramage's Mutiny (1977)
  9. 1800 - Ramage and the Rebels (1978)
  10. 1800 - The Ramage Touch (1979)
  11. 1800 - Ramage's Signal (1980)
  12. 1802 - Ramage and the Renegades (1981)
  13. 1803 - Ramage's Devil (1982)
  14. 1803 - Ramage's Trial (1984)
  15. 1803 - Ramage's Challenge (1985)
  16. 1805 - Ramage at Trafalgar (1986)
  17. 1806 - Ramage and the Saracens (1988)
  18. 1806 - Ramage and the Dido (1989)

I'm reading Jonathan Maberry's Ghost Road Blues which is the first in a 3 book series. Just good old fashion horror story and I like it so far.

I read all the books out in the Dies the Fire and while it starts of interesting he just keeps dragging things out.

I WILL get around to reading Philip Roth's Zuckerman books and continuing John Updike's Rabbit series (only read the first one). I promise. Maybe not this year, but at some point.

Someone is trying to make me read Harry Potter. So far, I'm resisting.

I'm currently working my way through Lisa Gardners books. There is a very ROUGH order your meant to read them in, but i've had to skip a few as my library doesn't have them when i'm up to them :(

But so far i've read The Killing Hour, The Survivors Club and now im onto The Third Victim.

After this one i'm going to start reading John Wyndhams 3 biggies.. Day of the Triffids, The Kraken Wakes and The Chrysalids. It's handy they've mushed all these into the one book called The John Wyndham Omnibus!! :)

I never was much into series,specialy since i join this furom,when reviews and advices always make you want to jump to the next read.
I read 6 or 7 sharpes by Corwell but got mixed up.I sometime was starting one realising only after 50 pages that i read it already-I still think they are good,specialy the ones in India,and one in Chille,I got lost with the Portugese and Spanish ones.

I'm a big fan of Parker "the super lethal,super tuff bad guy"by Richard Stark ,i made a point of reading them in order and i'm on the 8th of the series.
There also a few of the Dortmunder by Westlake that i read.

I suppose Robin Hobb Fraser's can be considered a serie,and i read them all.And if Ripley by highsmith had been going on i would have followed.

can we please say all about what the books we are reading are about?

btw,just wondering,has anyone read either of Garth Nix's stand alone books?(shades children and ragwitch?)

Started this some hours ago, damn!:eek: I'd forgot how good he is... ;)
:
aimg122.imageshack.us_img122_8932_onthe5thdaycoveroe4.jpg

He's only got two books out so far, the first being...
:
aimg233.imageshack.us_img233_9408_themaskofatreuscovernw9.jpg

but he's great writer.

Impatient are we?

I am reading The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. 7th book should be out in 2009:)

I'm reading Child 44, but after that, I'll be going back to the Outlander Series. I have the first two in paper, but have decided to buy them for my Kindle. I seem to be reading faster with it.

I am reading The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
Originally written for children, I'm finding them a really entertaining read. They are about kids (of course), good versus evil, magic, and other worlds.

In Lewis's preferred reading order (not the order published):
1. The Magician's Nephew
2. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
3. The Horse and His Boy
4. Prince Caspian
5. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
6. The Silver Chair
7. The Last Battle

Some characters change from book to book, but a couple of the most enduring are Aslan the Lion and White Witch. I am about to begin the second book.

I'm reading Child 44, but after that, I'll be going back to the Outlander Series. I have the first two in paper, but have decided to buy them for my Kindle. I seem to be reading faster with it.

I have mine in my bedroom, nobody dares touches them without permission!
I was thinking of framing them. Especially the signed one.(I am a nut , I know):)

Nothing wrong with Harry Potter, and I'm not convinced about JKR being a bitch, but of course if you actually know her....

I've just finished the Rose of York series by Sandra Worth and am about to embark on the Sano Ichiro series by Laura Joh Rowland.

Those AJ Hartley books look good. This forum is doing awful things to my bank balance...

i dont know her personally,but ive read things about it,and i know someone who is a freind of someone who has met her,and he says that his friend says that shes perfectly happy to suck up to the people who are makking her millions,but that she really isnt nice afterwards,apparently the freind of my freind asked one thing about the seiries that he didnt like(or something like that),and then she became quite cold and everthing and implied one or two insults

my freind might be lying,or the story might have changed over the retellings,but the mate im talking about is 3 years older than me,and his freind is 2 years older then him

also shes claiming that she spent 17 hard years on harry potter,when actually quite a few of those years where just reading other books and stealing thier plot

theres nothing wrong with stealing plots and stuff,as long as its not EXACTLY the same as long as they admit it

i dont know her personally,but ive read things about it,and i know someone who is a freind of someone who has met her,and he says that his friend says that shes perfectly happy to suck up to the people who are makking her millions,but that she really isnt nice afterwards,apparently the freind of my freind asked one thing about the seiries that he didnt like(or something like that),and then she became quite cold and everthing and implied one or two insults

my freind might be lying,or the story might have changed over the retellings,but the mate im talking about is 3 years older than me,and his freind is 2 years older then him

also shes claiming that she spent 17 hard years on harry potter,when actually quite a few of those years where just reading other books and stealing thier plot

theres nothing wrong with stealing plots and stuff,as long as its not EXACTLY the same as long as they admit it

Friend, not freind. Just sayin' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back