• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Shins

claybugg

Anyone here a fan of The Shins? I wasn't too crazy about them until I heard their new album Wincing The Night Away. I guess you would call them indie rock.

http://www.myspace.com/theshins
Watch the video for "Phantom Limb". Scroll down a little bit and its the one on the right. It's the best song on the album and the video is awesome.

Opinions?

I love The Shins! I wasn't actually aware that they had a new album out (I'm really far behind with these things). I first heard them when most people did, I guess - through Garden State.

I saw them live at the Falls Festival last New Years, and they were awesome! It was strange, because they played on the huge main stage and there was a group of, oh, probably fifty people huddled just in front of them. They seemed to like it though.

I don't have a favourite of their other albums, they're indistinguishable to me really. I only listen on iTunes, so I'm not even sure which song is from which album.

Have you heard their older stuff? How does the new stuff compare?

Their first two albums had basically the same sound in my opinion. This one deviates a little. It's a bit more slow paced and...introverted (does that even make sense?). The vocals seem a bit different too, but I can't say how.

Seriously, just listen to it. I'm totally in love with it. Or, if you want to download individual songs since you have iTunes, go with Autralia, Phantom Limb, Sea Legs or Split Needles. They're the best.

Back