• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Terrorists of Irustan

BulldozerGirl

Anyone read this book?

I bought it after someone recommended it to me, but it was so bad that I threw it on the floor after page 20 and kept it lying on the floor for two weeks as punishment for its bad content.

Other than that, the pages smelled bad.

But I liked the use of a science fiction setting to describe Afghan society under the Taliban. I always though Afghanistan was a good place for an RPG style story, especially with the names they have and their clothes.

Terrorists of Irustan

BulldozerGirl said:
But I liked the use of a science fiction setting to describe Afghan society under the Taliban. I always though Afghanistan was a good place for an RPG style story, especially with the names they have and their clothes.

Hello, BulldozerGirl.
Didn't you say quite the opposite of this somewhere else? (because it's just full of crap and the author was too afraid to say she's talking about an Islamic society, so she made it into a sci-fi book.) And somewhere else that you don't read fiction anyway? I'm confused. (But worse than confused, I'll be disappointed if someone else doesn't disagree ninety per cent.)

BulldozerGirl,
Maybe you should read "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. It's set in Afghanistan during the Taliban regime.

But it's fiction (not sci-fi, however)... so.. :confused:

Sun-SSS said:
Hello, BulldozerGirl.
Didn't you say quite the opposite of this somewhere else? (because it's just full of crap and the author was too afraid to say she's talking about an Islamic society, so she made it into a sci-fi book.) And somewhere else that you don't read fiction anyway? I'm confused. (But worse than confused, I'll be disappointed if someone else doesn't disagree ninety per cent.)

Yes, I said in another post that I haven't read a book of fiction since I was 16 except for Arabian Nights volume one. I read until page 20 of this book, so it means I didn't finish it, so I can't say I've read it.

I said that I generally like the idea of Afghan society as an RPG world, but in the case of this book, I think the author just made it into sci-fi because she was too afraid to write a direct book about the Afghan society, since she was very anti-Islamic and had all her facts wrong.

BulldozerGirl said:
I said that I generally like the idea of Afghan society as an RPG world, but in the case of this book, I think the author just made it into sci-fi because she was too afraid to write a direct book about the Afghan society, since she was very anti-Islamic and had all her facts wrong.

Yeah, well …that's fiction for you.

Back