• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The True and Unabridged Events Of Last Night

Meadow337

Former Moderator
I have a black cat and a white rat. I also had a visiting gecko. Gecko + cat bad idea so decided to heroically save gecko. 30 mins later finally caught gecko. Sat on hand peacefully for a moment before putting him safely outside. Rat saw gecko and lunged down my arm, mouth agape, radiating "PREY!!" from every pore. Gecko made a suicidal leap for safety. Cat makes a dash for outside in chaos in doorway. Rat dancing on my arm in paroxyms of excitement. Catch gecko again. Put him outside. Chase black cat in the dark for 30 mins up and down the road barefoot. Rat still over-excited. Cat having a ball. Finally catch cat. Everyone back inside. Make sure gecko is still outside. Put rat in cage to calm down. Cat still wants to play catch but ignore it. Fall on couch exhausted. End of excitement.

Last edited:
Sounds like a new kind of cross-species steeplechase. Comical to read. :D
I'm glad the human finally prevailed. /phew!/

I was looking forward to the Crabbie's Grand National today and my chosen fiver each way bet (one bet per year) is Big Shu. Just a few minutes now, watch this space.

Me and Paddy McGuinness, yay!

Back