• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Very Under Rated John Hart

dj24

Has anyone here even heard of him? Iam completely in awe as he is relatively new with only 4 books under his belt. They've all become instant classics and to prove this point- he's the only author to have won the prestigious Edgar Allan Poe Awards for Best Mystery Novel back to back here in the U.S. This actually really surprised me when I first read this in the NY Times and actually got me curious enough to try him. The rest as they say is history. I strongly suggest "The Last Child'' as a starting point as it has set a reference standard for suspense novels since it came out a couple of years ago.

Amazing Author!

Thoughts/ Opinions? :flowers:

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/47072.John_Hart

I have read two of his books, The King of Lies, and The Last Child.

The Last Child was fantastic, the twists and turns and the finale were both realistic and heart wrenching. He is definitely on my highly recommended list. I have his other books waiting on the shelf TBR.
He knows how to keep the suspense level high.

I have read all four, and I loved them all. The Last Child was my favorite as well. Three of my family members have read it. Though we all focus on different genres, we all loved it. Hopefully, he will keep writing.

I see they are beginning to appear on the shelves around here, so I'm convinced. They are now on my TBR list. Many thanks for calling attention to him.

Down River

So, I just finished Down River by John Hart. Pretty impressive. The story is original with a good, fast moving plot. I definitely had no idea what was coming next, let alone who the killer was. Hart's writing is suspenseful and lyrical without being overdone. I thought that some of the characters were a little bit one dimensional but things were moving so fast that it didn't really detract too much from the story.
I liked it and will definitely pick up The Last Child.

Back