• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Thinner then thou

It's by Kit Reed.

It's about a world that seems to be ours, but maybe a decade or two in the future. Being thin has become a religon, and there are sisters of mercy set up everywhere to 'help' anyone with eating problems. When you get a certain age you're expected to get cosmetic surgery over and over.

The main story is about a bunch of different people. You're first introduced to a young girl who is taken away by the sisters of mercy. Her brother, sister and boyfriend all take off to find her. Then a man who is in a weight loss spa type place that is a veritable hell, and after meeting a woman there, begins to unravel some startling secrets about the whole operation.

It's for anyone and everyone who's worried about how obsessed our society is with physical appearence. It grabs you by the shirt and does not let you go. It's a very good read.

Thanks, I'll give it a go. Being an ex-anorexic I'll probably agree with their policies though. (tongue in cheek a bit)

Snarky said:
Being thin has become a religion... When you get a certain age you're expected to get cosmetic surgery over and over.

Ah, so it's non-fiction then. ;)

Snarky said:
It's by Kit Reed.

It's about a world that seems to be ours, but maybe a decade or two in the future. Being thin has become a religon, and there are sisters of mercy set up everywhere to 'help' anyone with eating problems. When you get a certain age you're expected to get cosmetic surgery over and over.

The main story is about a bunch of different people. You're first introduced to a young girl who is taken away by the sisters of mercy. Her brother, sister and boyfriend all take off to find her. Then a man who is in a weight loss spa type place that is a veritable hell, and after meeting a woman there, begins to unravel some startling secrets about the whole operation.

It's for anyone and everyone who's worried about how obsessed our society is with physical appearence. It grabs you by the shirt and does not let you go. It's a very good read.
Sounds interesting. I'd like to read that.

I've read the first few pages of it....to me, it was virtually unreadable...it sucked (sorry, but that's truly my opinion)

Back