• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

This is a long shot...

gogurt

...but I am really itching to find this book.

I took the American SAT (college entrance exam--This is an English site so I'm not going to assume anything...) in December 2004 and in it was a passage that we were supposed to analyze. When I read it I actually quite enjoyed it so I committed the name of the author and title of the book to memory. I went home and looked it up and found it--except I ignored it at that time since I was about to depart on a trip to China to see my relatives. Anyway, so now I'm here and I've forgotten the title.

There a few things I remember from the passage I read. Firstly, it was a sort of autobiographical account of the author sitting on the edge of a lake, pondering some philosophy when a muskrat shows up. He then goes on to give a huge description and meditation on it and how innocent it is compared to all the pollution and crazy boaters there are on the lake. Secondly, I remember it was an American author and former professor. Thirdly, the whole book was centered around nature or philosophy. (I'm really sketchy about that one.)

If any of you can find it, then I really owe you one. A gmail invite perhaps?

THANKS,
Jimmy J.
Olympia, WA, US.

Back