• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tobacco-Stained Mountain Goat

Andrez

I'm relatively new to this forum (a great find!) and I hope you guys don't mind me inserting my own 2 cents' before properly cutting my dues.

This month I had my first tome published - Tobacco-Stained Mountain Goat is a post-apocalyptic/noir novel put out through Another Sky Press in the 'States.

I'm actually an Aussie expat muso & journalist who's been based in Tokyo over the past 10 years, so the novel is as much an homage to my old home town (Melbourne) as it is a wink to Japan and an obsessive/compulsive take on classic 1940s and ‘50s cinema.

aa4.l3_images.myspacecdn.com_images02_144_714432f361b14a448d835d441afaad94_l.jpg

There're also surreal red herrings aplenty, hardboiled stuff, a healthy dose of subversive humour, and a hero cut from cloth nicked from Philip Marlowe and Sam Spade – but with the chemical and alcoholic tendencies of a refugee straight out of an Irvine Welsh romp.

Perhaps just as importantly, Vegemite and Burke & Wills put in appearances. Not that it matters that you even know who/what they are. ;)

If you find this in any way vaguely curious, it's actually in-stock now at some indie book shops across the globe and on Amazon UK/USA.

Even better there's a free PDF digital version you can check out online @ Another Sky - another sky press » Tobacco-Stained Mountain Goat / Andrez Bergen - just click on the "read before you buy" bit.

There's also a sweet review up at Australian magazine Farrago:
Farrago: Review: Tobacco-Stained Mountain*Goat

And any of your own feedback would be brilliant!

Back