• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tony Buzan

-Carlos-

I am currently reading Tony Buzan's The Mind Map Book. Here is some info on the man:

Tony Buzan (1942-) is the originator of mind mapping and coined the term mental literacy. He was born in London and received double Honours in psychology, English, mathematics and the General Sciences from the University of British Columbia in 1964. He is probably best known for his book, Use Your Head, his promotion of mnemonic systems and his mind-mapping techniques.

Which Tony Buzan book do you enjoy most?

I have the Mind Map one but find software much easier to manage than fiddling about with coloured pencils and massive amounts of selotaped-together paper.

Use Your Head and Use Your Memory are fantastic, though I haven't read them since I was studying for GCSEs at the age of fifteen or whatever.

I just attended a session on Mind Mapping today, and found it quite interesting. One of the exercises required us to mind map a problem, and it just so happens that I had a potentially explosive change to manage. Within minutes I've mapped out everything (I think) I need to focus on to ensure everything is covered, and was suitably impressed. :)

I find that the concepts in mind mapping are simple to understand once you know them. Not having read any of his works, do you think I should still go out and get Buzan's work, knowing what I already know?

Mind you, it was only a half-day session.

What do you think?

Btw Steffee, which software are you using for mindmapping?

ds

Back