• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Total Bad Ass

tcbonline

I want some recommendations for books where the protagonist is, for lack of a better term, a "total bad a$$". In other words, a hard-boiled tough guy, he talks tough, is tough, and is here to chew bubble gum and kick a$$ and he's all out of bubble gum!

Ideas??

Takeshi Kovacs from Richard K. Morgan's "Altered Carbon" and "Broken Angels" is a bad a$$. A nhammy one at that ;)

:D :D

The Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child, maybe? Reacher is an ex-Military Policeman travelling around America and gets mixed up in all sorts of nasty situations.

The Dark Tower

I haven't read them myself (though I plan to), but Stephen King's The Dark Tower series is supposedly pretty awesome. The protagonist is a hero known as the "Gunslinger". He's based off of Clint Eastwood and my close friends tell me he is one of their favorite heroes.

Joe Pitt, the protagonist in the Charlie Huston books, is very rough! Case solving with lots of violence along the way. Very good series, first is Already Dead

To Have and Have Not - Ernest Hemingway (I think)

Harry Morgan is quite the tough guy.

The entire Dark Tower series (though as previously mentioned I only finished 3) Roland definitely fits the description of badass. :D

Back