• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Trezza Azzopardi

I recently read Trezza Azzopardi's Remember Me . One of those books that draws you into a mesmerizing sense of being within a single character's life experience. It struck me--if I may make a cross-Atlantic leap--as having similarities to Marilyn Robinson's Housekeeping . Both follow a girl's simultaneous coming of age and nearly complete estrangement from society. Both create that mesmerizing sense of readerly absorption. I preferred Azzopardi's rather more bleak portrayal--though it wasn't exactly the light read I had looked for on my beach vacation! What do others think of Azzopardi?

I borrowed "Remember me" from the library a while back, but I haven't read more than 50 pages of it yet.. (reason: me being a little lazy).
But I think I'll finish it.. soon. I'll let you know what I think. :)
Her other novel was "nominated" for the booker-prize if I'm not mistaken, have you read it? If so, was it any good? I was thinking of giving that one a shot too.

Back