• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

trying to figure out the name of 2 books plz help???

Dark_Man

I read most or all of both these books but it was 10+ yrs ago under odd circumstances. Now I have NO IDEA who wrote them or the books names but I can remember the basic plot. If anyone knows what they are I'd be your slave forever...:)

#1 The mian thing I remember is the first part of it. This guy is on a hill watching these alien worms that have infested earth. The worm catchs a human and the guy shoots the human with a gun to prevent the person from suffering.

#2 Ppl on board colony ships go to a planet and start a colony. In the process they chop down and bunch of trees. Then they discover the tree's are alive and the once on the edge of the cut area hatch into huge monsters and thrash everything in site. The ppl are forced to retreat to an island.

Thx in advance.

well i'll be dammed. After searching the net for 3 days I finaly found one of them. #1 is

Gerrold, David: The War Against the Chtorr : A Matter for Men (Vol. 1)

found it by doing a serach on biblio.com and got lucky. Amazon.com and google were both useless.

Now to figure out what the 2nd one is...:(

Well I knew a few very specific things about it. They called them worms. They were aliens they talked about it being an ecological invasion etc. So I just looked up combinations of keywords.

alien worm(s) invasion earth ecology

Not sure what exact combo got the hit on Biblio. the biggest thing about both Biblio and amazon is that they have a fiarly lengthy discription so your more likely to get a hit on keywords like that. Thing is amazon got WAY to many hits. So many it was imposable to sift through them. Biblio the one that found it for me only had like 30 books to look at. ONE of those books was the 2nd book in this series. That allowed me to put it all together.

No idea who I'm going to find the 2nd one I'm looking for though. It doesn't have fiarly uncommon things like worms in it. I so searchs on trees and I get botany books...:(

Sigh... I just spent 2 hours+ doing searchs on trees and space colony's on amazon biblio and google. Nada. The only thing I'm simi sure of is the name of the book was the name of the space ship they used to come to the planet on. I think. That and that the trees got realy mad and hatched into monsters.

Anyone have ANY idea what this is? I would have read it in 1991 or 1992...

best off trying the orbit book forums mate a tad more helpful, even if it is to laugh at you atleast you know they reading your post

Back