• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Trying to find book title

patriciasperber

I read a great book years ago that I can't remember the name of. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated!

I would call it sci-fi/fantasy about a not-too-distant future earth in which the population is out of control. A fanatic type gains popularity by suggesting a lottery in which all of humanity will be selected to live or take a poison to die. The story revolves around a leader in NYC and his cohorts who are trying to figure out any solution other than the lottery and also figure out the mystery of the origins of this fanatic himself. The leader ends up having his identity deleted from all computer systems. Specifically, I remember he was deleted from the computer at his age-suppressing clinic and so he begins to rapidly age since he can no longer receive treatments. He and his cohorts are on the run from police who have found the leader in their computer system labeled a violent criminal. They have several adventures which point to clues. The search leads them to a small farm in ?Texas? where genetically engineered super intelligent children live in hiding. Turns out the fanatic is one of these genetic experiments gone wrong.

Back