• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Trying to locate a book

Giovanni

I've just become a member approximately ten minutes ago. I'm trying to locate a book that I lent to a friend of mine twenty five years ago. Unfortunately, I forgot the title, and the author, but I'm hoping someone can help me if I submit a synopsis of the story.

It is a work of fiction and the story is centered in East Africa during world war one. A young lady trying to flee the Germans stumbles upon a wounded one-armed white hunter who she helps and in turn he helps her find her way through the jungle and eventually to a boat that will take her back to her homeland.

It is a wonderful love story very similar to the "African Queen" by C.S. Forester, but the escape takes place on land, whereas the escape and adventure in C.S. Forester's book, and also the film, happens on a boat.

I'm hoping someone has read this book and can submit the information I need. I would be most appreciative. Giovanni

Back