• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Usernames!!!! How did you get yours?

RobertFKennedy

We all have reasons and stories behind the usernames we have. whats yours?

I'll go 1st. I picked RFK beacause he is a someone from history who i greatly admire.

lets hear those stories! :)

Mine is my nickname too. Everyone calls me Ronny and I wasn't in a creative mood when I signed up.

I used to chat with a friend and would change my nick around in ICQ constantly. One day I chose "Sillywabbit" and it just stuck and became my nickname on and offline. So now I mostly call myself "sillywabbit" when I join places. I was called "sillywabbit" here on this forum too but mostly people just called me "wabbit" and recently shortened it as it was simple, neat, and everybody called me that here anyway :)

i suck. i didn't sign myself up. so here i am with jenngorham. thankfully most people call me jenn and recently moto renamed jennashleaspamzilla which i was sooooo tempted to ask darren to change my name too, but it's a bit long. so jenn is fine. it's my name.

I am pagan and dolphins are my spirit animal(and favorite)and I am a fire sign, so dolphinfire became my mystical name and now my nickname.

dolphinfire30 said:
I am pagan and dolphins are my spirit animal(and favorite)and I am a fire sign, so dolphinfire became my mystical name and now my nickname.

Thats an interesting one! and new on here as well I see. :)

Back when chatting software was new and people were trying it for the first time, my friend Bobby and I made up the names sirbobby and sirmyk. I'm not sure if sirbobby is still around, but sirmyk has been around since 8Mhz 386's were considered impressive.

Well, originally was Mile-O-Phile which was a rhyme of MileStyle which evolved from my initial name of MileOut. Other derivations have been Mile-O, and I currently use Mile in a number of places.

Then I switched to Abulafia - the name of a 12th Century Jew famous for his mathematical calculations using Kabbalah (proper one, not Madonna's silly cult) who gave his name to the computer that created the secret history of the world in Foucault's Pendulum.

Then, er, my name.

I was listening to the Scissor Sisters' song Return To Oz when I was signing up, and I love the line: "The patchwork girl has come to cinch the deal" so I used patchwork girl. Most of my usernames come from songs.

Its my name! My mother gave it to me after hearing it in a film but back in those far off days, Francesca was a very unusual name in the UK. I have now acquired an Italian husband to get the full italian name set, but of course here in Italy every other woman is called Francesca, its as common as muck, lol!

How strange fate is!

Anyway, it's a nice name! At least you now have a last name to suit the first name even if it's common lol

Wabbit said:
How strange fate is!

Anyway, it's a nice name! At least you now have a last name to suit the first name even if it's common lol

Its probably the equivalent of an Italian chavette name or maybe I should say chavella name ?? :D

My username is also my name, first and middle. I almost always sign up with it because I figure how many other Tara Blythe's are out there. I can always get tarablythe without any numbers or other letters because...well I guess because I'm the only tarablythe out in cyberspace.

Back