• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Vote for June 2013 BOTM: Bildungsroman

Vote:

• Myla Goldberg, Bee Season

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kazuo Ishiguro, Never Let Me Go

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Elizabeth Goudge, The Dean's Watch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ursula K. Le Guin, A Wizard of Earthsea

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its not an easy choice ... I have read Wizard of Earthsea and wouldn't mind rereading it. I haven't read Bee Season although have seen the movie and will read it soon regardless. I have read "Never Let Me Go" but don't really want to reread at the moment as it makes me think quite dark thoughts about certain philosophical/idealogical ideas. "The Dean's Watch" doesn't really appeal.

naah lol I'm a fussy reader in some ways. Got to be in the right frame of mind to read a book ie I have to "feel like it"

naah lol I'm a fussy reader in some ways. Got to be in the right frame of mind to read a book ie I have to "feel like it"

It is the same with me, I have to feel like reading a book or else I don't injoyed reading it and end up leaving the book half way through.

Hmmm. May have to think of something different for June. I don't fancy reading & reviewing a book and then have a discussion about it with myself.

Well we can go back to the drawing board or I can (even though its too late) vote for A Wizard of Earthsea (to break the deadlock) but it may be a good idea to go back to the drawing board.

Back