• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Voting: January 2007 Book of the Month

Vote for your choice!

• The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • The Metamorphosis and Other Stories by Franz Kafka

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Where I'm Calling From by Raymond Carver

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Stories of Anton Chekhov

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • The Collected Stories of Richard Yates

• Ellis Island and Other Stories by Mark Helprin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Birds of America: Stories by Lorrie Moore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Acid House by Irwine Welsh

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mehastings

Vote for your favorite short story collection, or the one you're dying to read! Please visit this month's suggestion thread for more information on which specific editions have been nominated. Voting to close December 5th.

Discussion now allowed (as long as everyone plays nice).

What if we can't get the exact edition from our library? I am short on funds and can't really afford to buy any new books at present (been chided by my sister for buying too many DVDs and books over the last while) and the only way I can get my books, unless I save up for a book (I do have a lot to choose from anyways), is through my public library.

What if we can't get the exact edition from our library? I am short on funds and can't really afford to buy any new books at present (been chided by my sister for buying too many DVDs and books over the last while) and the only way I can get my books, unless I save up for a book (I do have a lot to choose from anyways), is through my public library.

Me too. I'm not able to buy books these days either. In a desperate situation you could probably PM another member and they could tell you which stories are in the book. If there is a translation it might be a bit off, but it will be better than nothing. If this comes up let me know and I'll try to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back