• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Voting: Themed Months

Choose THREE themes.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mehastings

OK folks. I've worked up a list of choices here. So as to not create LOTS of extra polls I am modifying the "Author of the Month" and "Country of the Month" options. If either of these wins I will post a note at the end of this poll asking for suggestions. Members can PM me their suggestions and I will pick from a hat. I think this will 1) make it easier for me (especially since I no longer have internet at home) and 2) give folks a chance to try an author they might not choose for themselves (you know, broaden those horizons).

This thread is a lovely place to discuss HOW you would like to see your ideas implemented. For example:
Country of the Month. Should we allow books set in a certain country? Books written by authors from that country? Book written by authors living in that country? All three? Other ideas? Etc...

Anyway, choose your THREE favorites. Voting is public and anyone voting more than three times will lose all their votes.

For country of the month, I would like it to be either books set in a certain country or authors from that country.

OK folks. I think it is time to shut this down. I am not counting votes made by Hani or Hanirani because that is one person with multiple usernames (we're dealing with this separately). To avoid a four way tie for second place I have voted for two titles. The winners are below in bold.

Can't win em all (second place books) 5 - January 2008
Country of the Month 5 - April 2008
Lesser known works 2
Author of the Month 5 - October 2007
Biographies ("Auto" and otherwise) 1
Beach Reads 5 - July 2007
Happy Holidays 1
Weird Books 4
Mysteries 1
Classics 4

Status
Not open for further replies.