• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Washington Irving

PatrickBateman

What does everybody think of Washington Irving? What is your favorite tale of his?

For me it would have to be "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" partly because I have only read that and "Rip Van Winkle" which is also i great story.

I have just ordered The Complete Tales of Washington Irving in paperback. It should be here in a couples of days and I am looking forward to reading more of his stories.

Rip van Winkle is the only story I've read as well, but this thread reminds me I must read more of his work. ;)

I never heard of him. Interestly, you mentioned about The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, I wonder this story which already in the film called Sleepy Hollow. Is it same one?

Rip Van Winkle, Kaz. He fell asleep for twenty years? It's a well remembered story, even to people like me who haven't read it.

I may go and have a look at Washington Irving book one day. It sounds good one. Thanks, Patrick.

Originally posted by Kaz
I may go and have a look at Washington Irving book one day. It sounds good one. Thanks, Patrick.

Yeah man, I will let you know how I like the book once I get it and read some more of Washington Irving's stuff. As of right now I would tell everybody to check him out if you haven't already done so.

Back