• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what are some names of authors or books

huxley

what are some names of authors or books ,of sc-fi, books that were made in the 1940's to 1970's. names of good sc-fi , old sc-fi,like 1940's 1950's 1960's 1970's just old sc-fi books?

huxley said:
what are some names of authors or books ,of sc-fi, books that were made in the 1940's to 1970's. names of good sc-fi , old sc-fi,like 1940's 1950's 1960's 1970's just old sc-fi books?

You mean like 'classics' of sci-fi?
I'm not a huge sci-fi fan, but here's what I've read:

Fahrenheit 451 -- Bradbury
1984 -- Orwell
Catch-22 -- Heller
Slaughterhouse-Five -- Vonnegut

Hope I've helped!

Hello,

Wasp (1957) by Eric Frank Russell is one of my all time favourites.

Summary from Amazon:

The war has raged for nearly a year and Earth desperately needs an edge to overcome the Sirian Empire's huge advantage in personnel and equipment. That's where James Mowry comes in. Intensively trained, his appearance surgically altered, Mowry secretly lands on one of the Empire's planets. His mission: to sap morale, cause mayhem, tie up resources, and wage a one-man war on a planet of 80 million--in short, to be like the wasp buzzing around a car to distract the driver...and causing him to crash.

I think "2001" by Arthur C. Clarke would fall into that territory, as does "The Gods Themselves" by Isaac Asimov. I read both of those about 12-14 years ago and enjoyed them at that time. Another older one that I would recommend is "The Left Hand of Darkness" by Ursula K. LeGuin. All three of these are either late 60's early 70's.

I haven't read much science fiction yet, but the names that come to mind are:
Foundation trilogy by Isaac Asimovs (in the early 1950s)
Dune by Frank Herbert (1960s)
The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester (1957 I think)
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (1932)
Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes (1960)

There are loads more, but at the moment I haven't read enough science fiction to say what they are. Probably quite a lot of Philip K Dick novels fall into that category.

thanks for all the help

i'm looking for some sc-fi ,that deals with stories on far away planets.more about outer space genra. ex:larry niven, :)

Back