• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What book to get next.

RDSBandit

I origionally posted this in the the suggeston section, but I am wondering if I would not get a better responce here.

Hi, I am looking for suggestions for the next book(s) I should look at getting, I loved Raymond E. Feist (Riftwar sage, Krondor's Sons, Serpent war, Riftwar Legacy, Conclave of Shadows) David Eddings (The Belgariad, The Malloreon) Trudi Canavan (The Black Magician Trilogy) Joel Rosenberg (Guardians of the Flame) John Marco (The Eyes of God, The Devils Armor, The Sword of Angels) J.R.R Tolkien (Hobbit, L.O.T.R.). I know that might seem to be a vauge description of the types of books I like but I am open to suggestions on what I should look at getting next. So please if you have any suggestions that sounds like it might be a book I would like please let me know.

I have also read R.A. Salvator (Spearwiliders Tale) Steven Erickson (Gardens of the Moon '#1 The malazan Book of the Fallen) Bridget Wood (The Lost Prince) And in all honesty they did not impress me very much at all, I struggled to get though them.

But thanks for reading and if you have suggestions you think I would like again please tell me.

This was my responce as to why I liked those certian authors.

Feists books: Well, I dont know, there was just something there for me, perhaps it was the story of how two kids with no future through a series of events become some of the most amazing people there world has ever known. I found it easy to read and easy to keep up with concering what was going on at any particular time.

David Eddings: had me captivated from the word go. He, to me, kind of just gave enough tid bits of information to keep you guessing at was was going on next, who people REALLY were, and what all was supposed to transpire. In my eyes he layed out the story just so amazingly that by the end you have acuatelly read a history of over seven thousand years and none of it was confusing. Even though it would kind of flip flop between points in history as the story was told I found it very easy to keep up with what happened at what point in history.

Trudi Canavan: I liked her storys because there again a girl with no future grows up to become one of the most powerful magic users her world has ever known. I as well liked the way that Trudi made the magic work, as in when a sheild was errected, the caster could still be attacked from below, and how spells could be....."bent" to attack from other angels, or how in one part healing magic was used against an opponet to stop his heart, as well as a caster could "suck" the power out of another caster and make them selves stronger and kill the other caster at the same time. I just like her different view of the mechanics of how things should work, her ideas were unique and that caught my attention.

Joel Rosenberg: again yet another series of stories of how normal people become something great. A group of friends sit down to play D&D and become sucked into the game as there characters. I liked how they had to try and navagate the world with there new found powers. And again unique ideas played a part in this story, such as keeping a dragon in a pit to clean up the cities "waste" (That just struck me as an odd idea) or how the characters make gun powder and eventually make bombs and rifles. or how they introduced politics into a world that was run by kings and queens. I really like when a writer thinks out side the box, just not way out in left feild though.

John Marco: not nescerially a story of acheiving greatness or thinking out side the box to much. I honestly cant really put a finger on what it was about his books that held my attention, but I loved them. I nearly couldnt put them down, and that is highly unusual for me. Perhaps it was his writing style I enjoyed so much, Im not really sure, but as I said before I could not put them down.

J.R.R. Tolkien: how could anyone not like his work? To keep my fingers from cramping up ill just say this about his books: Perfect.

I dont know if that helps or not as far as what and why I like a series of books, but that is probably the best I can come up with.

The Summoner by Gail Z Martin....

I can't say enough about this book... I loved it from the get go and it is a start of a new series... this is book one there is another book coming out soon...

Here is a link to the first chapter check it out and let me know what you think it is great...

LINK

There are about 5 threads right now with suggestions for books, or suggestions for obscure fantasy books in them. Look at those.

Mathius

There are about 5 threads right now with suggestions for books, or suggestions for obscure fantasy books in them. Look at those.

Mathius

True, but I was looking for something specific for me, not something that was a general suggestion for someone else.

I origionally posted this in the the suggeston section, but I am wondering if I would not get a better responce here.

Hi, I am looking for suggestions for the next book(s) I should look at getting, I loved Raymond E. Feist (Riftwar sage, Krondor's Sons, Serpent war, Riftwar Legacy, Conclave of Shadows) David Eddings (The Belgariad, The Malloreon) Trudi Canavan (The Black Magician Trilogy) Joel Rosenberg (Guardians of the Flame) John Marco (The Eyes of God, The Devils Armor, The Sword of Angels) J.R.R Tolkien (Hobbit, L.O.T.R.). I know that might seem to be a vauge description of the types of books I like but I am open to suggestions on what I should look at getting next. So please if you have any suggestions that sounds like it might be a book I would like please let me know.

I have also read R.A. Salvator (Spearwiliders Tale) Steven Erickson (Gardens of the Moon '#1 The malazan Book of the Fallen) Bridget Wood (The Lost Prince) And in all honesty they did not impress me very much at all, I struggled to get though them.

But thanks for reading and if you have suggestions you think I would like again please tell me.

This was my responce as to why I liked those certian authors.

Feists books: Well, I dont know, there was just something there for me, perhaps it was the story of how two kids with no future through a series of events become some of the most amazing people there world has ever known. I found it easy to read and easy to keep up with concering what was going on at any particular time.

David Eddings: had me captivated from the word go. He, to me, kind of just gave enough tid bits of information to keep you guessing at was was going on next, who people REALLY were, and what all was supposed to transpire. In my eyes he layed out the story just so amazingly that by the end you have acuatelly read a history of over seven thousand years and none of it was confusing. Even though it would kind of flip flop between points in history as the story was told I found it very easy to keep up with what happened at what point in history.

Trudi Canavan: I liked her storys because there again a girl with no future grows up to become one of the most powerful magic users her world has ever known. I as well liked the way that Trudi made the magic work, as in when a sheild was errected, the caster could still be attacked from below, and how spells could be....."bent" to attack from other angels, or how in one part healing magic was used against an opponet to stop his heart, as well as a caster could "suck" the power out of another caster and make them selves stronger and kill the other caster at the same time. I just like her different view of the mechanics of how things should work, her ideas were unique and that caught my attention.

Joel Rosenberg: again yet another series of stories of how normal people become something great. A group of friends sit down to play D&D and become sucked into the game as there characters. I liked how they had to try and navagate the world with there new found powers. And again unique ideas played a part in this story, such as keeping a dragon in a pit to clean up the cities "waste" (That just struck me as an odd idea) or how the characters make gun powder and eventually make bombs and rifles. or how they introduced politics into a world that was run by kings and queens. I really like when a writer thinks out side the box, just not way out in left feild though.

John Marco: not nescerially a story of acheiving greatness or thinking out side the box to much. I honestly cant really put a finger on what it was about his books that held my attention, but I loved them. I nearly couldnt put them down, and that is highly unusual for me. Perhaps it was his writing style I enjoyed so much, Im not really sure, but as I said before I could not put them down.

J.R.R. Tolkien: how could anyone not like his work? To keep my fingers from cramping up ill just say this about his books: Perfect.

I dont know if that helps or not as far as what and why I like a series of books, but that is probably the best I can come up with.

Hi, why not try 'The Shade' at fantasynovel.co.uk - there is a whole chapter you can read online to see if you like it.

Back