• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What Do Readers Want?

Bob Bonelli

Good Afternoon,
Most writers work extremely hard to craft their books; they add significant value in the pages they labor over; they honestly try to deliver knowledge, entertainment, thought stimulation or other product to the reader.
But - what do readers really want? As a writer (learn more about me and my work at http://www.bobbonelli.com), I have an obligation to deliver value to my readers. My genre in Fiction - action/thriller, but I write to touch all emotions and challenge intellect. I do NOT use gratuitous scenes or language, because I believe the reader is worth a more careful descriptive and high literary approach to all that is written. Do you agree?
Tell me what you want to read and tell me how you enjoy HOW a book is written? These are two important questions. The writer, in my opinion, serves his craft the best when he serves the reader. Please post and let me have your thoughts.
Bob Bonelli

Thread moved to Shameless Self Promotion.

Welcome to the forum, your contributions are welcome and we hope, will extend beyond just promoting your work. Self promotion is only allowed in this section of the forum. Thanks.

Last edited:
This answer may not help you much, but here it is:
1. What do I want to read? New and different. in any genre.
2. Do I care HOW it is written? Yes, I like style as well as story (as well as character as well as setting).
For favorite authors: please see my profile page.
For recent reading:
Best This Year:
General Relativity from A to B
by Robert Geroch. Fabulous! Pictures, no equations.
The Secret History of Vladimir Nabokov by Andrea Pitzer. Detailed and very informative.
The Fall of the House of Dixie by Bruce Levine. The detailed, utter destruction of the South.
Asset by Jonathan Orvin. Excellent espionage.
The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa. Forgetful math professor.
The Lost Decade by F. Scott Fitzgerald (short story). Beyond excellent!
Ravelstein by Saul Bellow. Rambling interesting biography.
Brief Loves That Live Forever by Andrei Makine. Vivid vignettes of Soviet life.
The Finish – The Killing of Osama Bin Laden by Mark Bowden. Comprehensive, balanced.
An Unexpected Guest by Anne Korkeakivi. Reminiscent of Mrs. Dalloway. Excellently done.
World War Z by Max Brooks. The World-Wide Zombie War. Fabulous!.

Last edited:
Thank you - a great answer. I do hope that you will try my recent release - I think it meets your requirements; it would be wqonderful to hear your comments once you read it. Thank you again for taking the time and providing such a complete answer.
Bob Bonelli

Thank you - a great answer. I do hope that you will try my recent release - I think it meets your requirements;. . .
Bob Bonelli
It does look like the kind I read. :D
Just added it to my Kindle, near the top.
Now to get to it.
Best of luck with it; I like the price and I hope you get many sales.
Peder

Good writing, good spelling, good grammar, good editing, good formatting, good character development, good story, complexity, layers, depth, creativity, originality.

Back