• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you pay for gas?

Motokid

1 U.S. gallon equals 3.78541 liters

Price per gallon of gas around my area ranges form $1.85 to $1.95 for standard, regular grade unleaded.
So the average is $1.90 a gallon which equals roughly 50 cents a liter. This is all in U.S. currency by the way.

According to a web site $1.00 US = 1.85699 Pounds = 0.801538 Canadian = 1.27829 Euro=0.7669 Australian

So 50 US cents a liter = , 0.93 pounds, 0.4 Can., 0.64 Euro, 0.38 Aussie (rounded for simplicity)

What are you paying for gas where you live?

Motokid said:
What are you paying for gas where you live?

Too bloody much!! :mad: The last time I filled the car up I paid 78.9p per litre. The time before it was 83.9p! Apparently, the Government gets up to 75% of the price you pay in taxes etc.

BTW, in the UK we call gas "petrol". :)

what's a "p" worth?

"78.9p per litre" ????

Is the "p" for penny? Are there 100p's in 1 Pound? Does that translate to .789 pounds?

I'm trying to do the conversion, but I'm not up on English currency. Sorry.

Oh blimey, sorry!

Yes, you are correct. "p" stands for pence, and there are 100 pence in an English pound. :)

I don't know if a USA litre is the same as an English one, I assume it is? :confused:

How to make a simple question complicated! :D

.789p = $1.46603 US per liter x 3.78541 to make it gallons

Ouch!!! If I did my math right that works out to $5.55 US per gallon.

Based on numbers given here, a UK Gallon costs about $6.70.

The volumes are:

• US Gallon: 3.785411784 litres
  • UK Gallon: 4.54609 litres

Based on the UK price per litre given, we can expect to pay around $5.55 per US gallon.

So, there you have it. One of the most expensive countries in the world.

It's about $1.04 per litre here where I live. We don't get help with the romoteness. Sucks.

Motokid said:
.789p = $1.46603 US per liter x 3.78541 to make it gallons

Ouch!!! If I did my math right that works out to $5.55 US per gallon.

that must be why they have such small cars (generally) over there. ;)

We've just bought a new car, as driving our 2 litre estate to work every day was costing me a fortune in petrol :mad:

Geenh said:
It's about $1.04 per litre here where I live. We don't get help with the romoteness. Sucks.

So in American currency/volume you're paying $3.08 per gallon.

Not as big an ouch, but still makes me flinch.

I use optimax on my car because it is 98 octane , being twin turbo charged, the lesser octane fuel really does take a hit to the performance AND fuel economy (although this won't neccassarily be the case with alot of cars, although I'm sure Shell and BP would like you to THINK this is the case!)

As a consequence I think it costs close to 90 p per litre- over 85% of this is Tax.
Tax like this similar in my mind to a group of organised criminals forcing me to pay out a portion of my salary without accounting for where it is going, most likely lining their own pockets!
The USA had the right idea with the Boston Tea Party!

Motokid - yeah, it sucks! Hubby recently had a mid-life crisis and bought the new Commodore SV8 series car with the hoon bells and whistles (at least he didn't get a blond!) and he uses the high end stuff. I cery when he gets petrol. I have a little old sporty thing that's ok on petrol.

This morning, I think the price was up to $1.77 at a gas station where I can usually find gas pretty cheap. It was $1.65 the last time I filled up, I believe.

I paid $2.48 a gallon this morning, and I've seen one station advertising $2.63 a gallon...jumpin'-jimminey I wish some freakin' techno-geek would figure out how to ween human's off this oil stuff....

Anybody have a hybrid? I'd love to know if it's all it's cracked up to be, and what the maintanence cost is.....

sirmyk said:
$2.79 this morning... and that was for the cheap stuff. $2.98 for supreme.

F that supreme crap....I stopped looking at that price after it went over $2.00 a gallon....I used to buy it for my motorcycle every now and then, but I've never used anything but the "low grade" juice in my 4 wheeled stuff. Now even the bike gets low grade.... :(

Back