• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What happened to "recent threads"?

beer good

I don't get why it should be moved to the right of the screen, but apart from making the site look a little more cluttered I guess don't see any harm. However, it doesn't seem to actually display the most recent replies to threads? What's the point of it then? Could we have it back the way it was, please? It was really a pretty useful tool.

And has Ignore Thread disappeared also? Used to be under Thread Tools?
I have certainly found it useful in winnowing out threads of no interest -- if you can imagine such a thing on this forum. :innocent:

I don't get why it should be moved to the right of the screen, but apart from making the site look a little more cluttered I guess don't see any harm. However, it doesn't seem to actually display the most recent replies to threads? What's the point of it then? Could we have it back the way it was, please? It was really a pretty useful tool.

I noticed it too and was wondering what happened. You can click the double arrows to minimize it but it's still stealing real estate.

And has Ignore Thread disappeared also? Used to be under Thread Tools?
I have certainly found it useful in winnowing out threads of no interest -- if you can imagine such a thing on this forum. :innocent:

I would look for it but sadly I don't have the luxury of that option; however, before I had superpowers, I would just ignore the thread by not clicking on it. That work around should work for you until it is revealed how to make the software ignore the thread for you.

If you're getting emails about replies to threads, you can turn off the auto-notify by going here: Book & Reader Forums

You can click the double arrows to minimize it but it's still stealing real estate.

Yeah, not to mention that by not actually showing the most recent threads, it's making the forum look even less active than it is. It's like an ad for people to not become or remain active members. I wish they'd either restore it or, if they don't want to do that for whatever reason, get rid of it completely. Having it take up space while not doing anything is utterly pointless.

Still no Ignore Threads. Weird and werder.

In the 11 hours between the above and when you first noted here that your ignore thread option was gone, nobody with the technical know-how has appeared to address this. It's the weekend. Give it time.

In the 11 hours between the above and when you first noted here that your ignore thread option was gone, nobody with the technical know-how has appeared to address this. It's the weekend. Give it time.
Thanks for reply.
I have all the time in the world, Sparky.
I just thought that, since yours had reappeared, mine might have also
Whenever is OK.

I don't know how long "recent threads" has been up, but I have to say it is a nice addition. It keeps you from having to click on "new posts" which was my old method of scanning activity. Kudos to all parties involved.

I don't know how long "recent threads" has been up, but I have to say it is a nice addition. It keeps you from having to click on "new posts" which was my old method of scanning activity. Kudos to all parties involved.

The new version, that doesn't show anywhere near all recent threads, has been up since... Friday, I think. There used to be a version that worked at the bottom of the page that's been there for years.

Possibly related to this - is anyone else having the problem where clicking on "Go to last post" for a thread doesn't take you to the last unread post since the last time you logged on, as it used to, but to the last post, period?

Possibly related to this - is anyone else having the problem where clicking on "Go to last post" for a thread doesn't take you to the last unread post since the last time you logged on, as it used to, but to the last post, period?

Yes, I have had problems, sometimes when I click 'last' I get a side page of Google ads but not the thread. Have tried to work around it by specifying a page number in the search box.

Back