• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What have you planted recently?

Gilgamesh

Giving care towards something so small and reminding yourself to share your time to a seedling can provide you with self-satisfaction that can sprinkle your inner spirit with panacea.

Today, I planted some loquat seeds into a small pot. Anyone planted recently? Or have a green thumb?

I planted beetroot seeds yesterday. The tobacco seeds I planted last month are now big enough to to transplant to my vegetable plot, so I put most of those in there with the baby cabbages and brussel sprouts.

I started an herb garden last weekend. I've never done this before, so it'll be a learning experience, but I started the seeds on Sunday and I've already got some cute little sprouts coming up :) When they get bigger I'll transplant them to a planter on the patio.

I want to pick up some plants (tomatoes, zucchini, etc.) at home depot this weekend, but I've never grown veggies in pots before, only in the ground, so this could be interesting, as well!

This is my first year living somewhere where I CAN plant things outside, so I'm a little excited. I'm in a townhouse, so I don't have a garden or yard to work with (well, technically I do, but I'd probably get in trouble), but I do have a balcony that I plan to use. It gets a lot of direct sun, so hopefully it'll work out.

I have Perennials planted for years now,I add a new one every now and then.Roses,Peonies,Pink Echinacea,Clematis,Asian Lilies,Day Lilies and some more that I can't remember right now.
I also have a grapevine which I cut peices of last year and planted in the back and are full of buds this year.

Gave up putting a vegetable garden,I was doing all the work.

On my back balcony,I put different kind of herbs.

I just planted a bunch of veggies. Peppers ( jalapeno, habanero) , watermelon, 3 different types of tomatoes , japanese eggplant, pickling cucumbers and regular cucumbers, and artichokes.

and now...we wait.

I just replanted my herbs and also just planted a tomato. Also, I yanked my avocado bush (yes, bush, it was some sort of hybrid), it never quite got going and since avocado's are toxic to dogs I need to get rid of it. I replaced it with a nice baby lime tree. Once it catches up to the lemon tree I will be in Margarita heaven.

Are we allowed to post pics? I have some gorgeous Hibiscus flowers to show off.

I planted two rows of lettuce and two of onions. I'm already seeing the lettuce beginning to sprout. I've never had a garden before, so this should be quite an interesting experience. I don't have a green thumb at all, I kill artificial plants.

I planted two rows of lettuce and two of onions. I'm already seeing the lettuce beginning to sprout. I've never had a garden before, so this should be quite an interesting experience. I don't have a green thumb at all, I kill artificial plants.

I tried growing lettuce last year. But didn't do well. Later I was told I should have watered them more often. My friend said lettuces need more water than other plants.

Mr. Abc and the younger boys finally planted the tomatoes last night. It's been so rainy, the poor plants have had to camp out on the little table in the kitchen for over a week.

This year I have planted many veggies, all non-hybrid; peas which are near the picking stage, carrots, two tomato plants that are now five inches tall, lettuce, peanuts, and many volunteer amaranth.
I will plant corn over the weekend. I also have some seedling melons that I hope survive.

I still have to wait a couple of weeks to plant so the seedlings won't die. I can't wait to plant dahlias, pansies, lobelia, iceland poppies, forget me nots and nasturtians.:)

G'day great to find so many gardeners,
it is just getting on for winter here so no planting but harvested some silverbeet and kale, zuchinni, lettuce and capsicum too. Broad beans growing strong and cabbage, broccoli, carrots, potatoes
is raining right now, bliss
cheers

We recently planted pansies, violas, lobelia, dahlias, rotodendrums, nasturtiums, geraniums, hamalayan blue poppies and black knight delphiniums. I still want to plant some forget-me-nots.

Back